Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torque Power heads price?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Mine are custom built by a bloke up the road from me haha :) They were on it when I bought her, 4 into ones. They need those stupid 11mm head bolts which I hate, if they didn't sound as good as they do I would get rid of them for some that bolt up a little easier. Pinion shaft bolt is near non existent too haha.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Hi guys does any one know what the price is for fully CNC ported VN heads? Such as the TP240cc. I emailed them for a price with valves and springs but have not received a reply.
I think it's fairly poor form to make it so difficult to obtain a price from TP.
I have pricing from a head shop to have my cast iron heads ported and recoed, I want to compare the TP heads in price to see which way I should go.

Craig is posting stuff up on his FB page (Torque-Power)
try messaging him from there

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Craig is posting stuff up on his FB page (Torque-Power)
try messaging him from there

Yea I don't do Facebook. Yep lol funny enough only just changed my search engine on my phone to duck duck go. I prefer email or phone. My gmail is actually not gmail but bigpond and that took an effort to get done when I was running my business.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Slot the 2 outer bolt holes on the header flanges then it's easy to slip it over a bolt fitted at each end.
Outer holes are slotted and easy, as bolts go half in before headers go on. It's the middle ones that have pipe in the way.
I even have small head bolts to make getting them tight easier.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Outer holes are slotted and easy, as bolts go half in before headers go on. It's the middle ones that have pipe in the way.
I even have small head bolts to make getting them tight easier.
Yeah I had to use the 7/16 headed bolts on a couple of them due to access but bought cap head screws for the rest. You have 1 3/4 primaries though don’t you? So probs less room

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah I had to use the 7/16 headed bolts on a couple of them due to access but bought cap head screws for the rest. You have 1 3/4 primaries though don’t you? So probs less room
Yeap, bigger pipes = less room.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
yea thats right they're 7/16 but I still always grab my 11mm every time I see those bolts because that's what I used the first time lol.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I replaced mine with cap screws, much easier and it's what I'm used too at work. Might try studs one day?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What area are you in?

Plenty of good head porters/engine builders to get you in the right direction...for majority of builds ported casties are more than enough.

Met them at Summernats last year to check out their new blocks...once they realised I knew what I was looking at they went above & beyond what was needed giving me all the info & advice they had.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
What area are you in?

Plenty of good head porters/engine builders to get you in the right direction...for majority of builds ported casties are more than enough.

Met them at Summernats last year to check out their new blocks...once they realised I knew what I was looking at they went above & beyond what was needed giving me all the info & advice they had.
Yea I want to use rams head porting down in Melbourne as they have a newen valve seat cutter. But I want to price match the TP heads to see if stretching the budget will be doable. If they're 6k a pair then it's not happening.