Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tuner not saving stations???

taykahyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU commodore
why is my tuner not saving stations? i put them all in.. save them. then when i turn off the car n turn it back on again there not saved? could this be something to do with the wiring?

wookie_666

wookie
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS executive
yes check your battery wire behind the cd deck. coming out of the cd deck you will have a red, yellow, black wires. the red one is the accessories wire which turns the cd player on when you turn the car on. the yellow one is the battery wire which should be connected to a constant battery power. which means when your car is turned off the wire still has power through it. good luck.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep check the wiring of the head-unit.

The Red wire should be connected to the yellow wire in the stock loom.
The Yellow wire should be connected to the orange/white wire in the stock loom.
The Black wire should be connected to the balck/white wire in the stock loom.

I would imagine your head-unit is not retaining memory, what about the sound (e.g. bass and treble) settings, do they stay the same when you turn the key off then back on?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
you dont have power on accessories hence not saving.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
you dont have power on accessories hence not saving.

Actually the opposite.....accessories is only there to turn the head-unit on and off with the ignition. The constant 12v (or memory) wire is there to retain memory (station presets, sound setting etc).

More than likely the constant and and accessories wire are joined together and are connected to the accessories. Either that or the wiring is fine and a fuse hase blown.

taykahyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU commodore
yehh friend just did a **** house job at wiring the system.. gonna get it re-done.. by someone who know's what there doing.. haha thats what i get for taking the cheaper option haha. .thanks for the help.. cheeers