Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo and pod filters (vn)

K

kharas

I am yet to see one fitted on a vn, though i havent looked very far yet. Can anyone expand my knowledge on this subject as well? I have a 1990 vn executive (3.8). I'd like to waste some money on performance and try something different. I have barely any knowledge on turbos and would like to know what types I should be looking at..

Also pod filters, just a question: Do they actually increase power? Or is it just a smoother ride. I'm getting both stories everywhere, one guy told me he got a 10% increase or whereabouts on his v8 vp... But i was under the assumption it would only make the power come on smoother, seeing as its only air intake.

Any advice and information gladly appreciated. Even tips on what might be a better mod then turb for the vn. A vague idea on pricing would be appreciated as well...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
How about a nice picture for ya??:w00t:

D

DRF74

you turned your exhaust manifold up side down didnt you ... easies way .. make whats called a log manifold and you wont have clearance issues sure it wont flow as good but with foreced induction who cares really.. my mates VN the we are making manifolds for has proved hard going... ill post pics when done... but yeah get a smaller turbo i.e a t3/t4 be biggenuf ... when force feeding a car lower the comperssion, port those heads, and spend lots on fuel system and tuning... if any one says i ca do a turbo conversion for under 5 grand say eyah hmm NO!!!!! my mates an engine rebuilder so far with no tuning hes up to 6 grand ... and reffer to my post in the other turbo v6 thread about bottom ends .... hope this helps

K

kharas

Yeah that does help a fair bit... altho i dont know what u mean in the first line about the exhaust manifauld upsidedown.... that wasnt me :\ i have dont anything yet with my vn, cause i have little knowledge on mechanics, just enough to keep my car going, ie do my own oil, filters, plugs ect... can service, thats about it... but thats your input helps a lot, especially about the prices, now i have an idea at least...

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
nice setup.

to get back on subject, dont bother with a pod go for a CAI with a k & n panel. pods are only useful for really high powered cars and are only good with cold air so u would have to make up a custom setup so as the pod wasnt sucking the hot air from the engine.