Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2007

Davidduds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore 2007
Hi everyone, I just recently changed my 2007 VE Commodore sedans spark plugs and ignition coils and started the car and it started to run very slugishly and cut out and once it stopped I noticed tranmission fluid seeping out of the Dipstick seal on the pan. And this has never happened before and my car was running perfectly before I did the changes, so is there any reason why this is happening and and solutions

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Could be faulty ignition coils. Did you purchase them from eBay?

Also, get that transmission looked at ASAP. The 5l40e is not cheap to replace

Is there a power train light on the dash?

Davidduds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore 2007
Hi everyone, I just recently changed my 2007 VE Commodore sedans spark plugs and ignition coils and started the car and it started to run very slugishly and cut out and once it stopped I noticed tranmission fluid seeping out of the Dipstick seal on the pan. And this has never happened before and my car was running perfectly before I did the changes, so is there any reason why this is happening and and solutions

Could be faulty ignition coils. Did you purchase them from eBay?

Also, get that transmission looked at ASAP. The 5l40e is not cheap to replace

Is there a power train light on the dash?
I thought of faulty ignition coils, so I put the old ones back in and i just recently had the transmission replaced abit over 12 month ago and I said I have done these plug changes over and over, and Ive replaced the ignition coils with ones from another VE commodore and have no issues like this before

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It would be a coincidence you have noticed this. It may have been happening for sometime.

Make sure you used new metal gaskets on the intake. Torque to 25Nm. Replace any hard hoses. If not huge vacuum leaks will be stuffing up the air fuel mixtures. Car will run like poo.