Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore aerpro head unit for heater / ac turning off and on resetting

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Funny you say that as i was having battery issues at the time it was happening, I replaced battery but it still happend again, But once i got it working, It works 24/7 I just kept trying to reset
What cca is the battery you bought?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
How would you recommend testing the discharge of the cap? Where is it located? I have a multimetre laying around should do it eh?
It’s not a thing as such. Discharging capacitors is what it is. Capacitors store charge for certain functions of various components and modules. They are part of the circuit boards.

To reset (for want of a better term) things, we can’t just disconnect the battery or pull a fuse. The capacitors act like a short term battery.

A straight forward method is to disconnect the negative terminal. Then start the car, open the doors, turn on fans, press the horn, unlock the car, turn on the headlights, interior lights, change the gears. Hazards, indicators, Just operate everything you can without having the battery connected.

More important still is to check all the plugs. Imagine a TV not working. It’s going on and off. Overthinking things and replacing components but it still goes on and off. Then someone says, it’s not plugged in properly. Make sure all connections are good.

Then switch everything to off. Close the doors etc. reconnect the battery negative.

This will cost nothing to do other than a bit of your time, which is cheaper than wasting someone else’s time and you paying for it.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Use the maximum CCA you can get in there. Always.