Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve exhaust dilemma

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
how do get a ve 6ltr to sound good.ive cut out mufflers ,changed to sport mufflers,made up helmholtz j pipes on straight thru tail pipes and still sounds not much louder or better than a stock system. i just put on a new lukey 2 1/2 sport system and still a stockish sound. any ideas? all replys appreciated.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
if your just playing around with the standard system then you can expect bugger all difference in sound no matter what you try. as the other guys have said go for a full system, 4/1 headers, ballistic cats and a full 3" mandrel bent twin system in either mild steel ( slightly deeper note) or a full stainless system. if you go this route then you will need to have your o2 sensors turned off- the rear ones that is- otherwise you will be driven nuts with the check engine light coming on. the system I suggested will keep you happy not to mention the neighbours when you start it up early in the morning lol

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
what can be done to the lukey system that i just put on?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If you just paid for one to get put on and still want louder without changing the whole set up, go 3" from the diff back.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
No point in mucking around with these things. When you change systems go for a decent catback or if money permits, a full system. The results are great as is the extra kw you gain from it.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Completely remove all your exhaust components and drive around with your bonnet off.