Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve indicators

AussieChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Hey guys and girls. First post here. I have tried searching but can’t find the answer. I drive a 2007 ve omega and I just had the BCM replaced and programmed, the issue I am having is my indicators don’t work (hazards do) and my wipers work also but not when I try to wash the windshield. Please help

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Bugger, no indicators means it's not roadworthy and you shouldn't drive it in that state.

The BCM controls many functions within a car... and this device is programmed for the features the vehicle is supposed to have from factory... I believe there may even be hardware differences so it could be an evoke BCM may not be able to be programed to work as Calais BCM (but i'm not sure about that) No doubtr others will comment.

So, who replaced and programmed the BCM and what do they say about the matter?

AussieChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Bugger, no indicators means it's not roadworthy and you shouldn't drive it in that state.

The BCM controls many functions within a car... and this device is programmed for the features the vehicle is supposed to have from factory... I believe there may even be hardware differences so it could be an evoke BCM may not be able to be programed to work as Calais BCM (but i'm not sure about that) No doubtr others will comment.

So, who replaced and programmed the BCM and what do they say about the matter?

I bought and put in the BCM and made sure the P/N matches up perfectly, took nearly a week to find the right one. It was programmed by a guy who uses the actual gm software from Detroit and it costs a fair bit just to use it. After he programmed it he cleared the current codes that came up when the old BCM carked it but couldn’t find any codes suggesting a problem with the indicators or wipers. He suggested it may be a fuse of some sort but I can’t find anywhere about what fuse it may be. My battery was disconnected for nearly a week while my car was off the road, could that be the reason and if so will it come good eventually if the battery stays connected?

AussieChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Ok so now I figured out my interior lights, high beams, traction control button and sports mode button all don’t work either. :(

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
If everything worked before the change, check your basics.
Check the BCM connectors haven’t bent any pins when they were reinstalled, and are pushed in properly.
Male sure no pins have backed out of the connector
Check for proper power and grounds at all relevant pins to the BCM.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@AussieChris I remember reading some comments that an already programmed module can be difficult to clear and reprogram where as a new blank module is supposedly much simple to do. That may be the issue...

Luckily there are others on the forum that know much more about vf module programming while @TazzI of EnviousCustoms does custom programming so may also be able to chime in if he has the time.

In the interim, do as @mechanic suggests and check all pins and connectors on the BMC.

AussieChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Ok so I was checking all the fuses today and in the engine bay fuse box there was 4 not getting any power at all. Like I took them out and even tested them in different spots and they were fine. While they were out I checked the actual part they click into and nothing. Ironically the 4 fuses were right and left high beam, front wash and theft horn. All of which don’t currently work. I have her booked into an auto elec tomorrow so hopefully they can find the root as they believe it’s an electrical problem somewhere. P.s not sure on indicators or interior lights as the only fuses I found with issues were the ones mentions above

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Ok so I was checking all the fuses today and in the engine bay fuse box there was 4 not getting any power at all. Like I took them out and even tested them in different spots and they were fine. While they were out I checked the actual part they click into and nothing. Ironically the 4 fuses were right and left high beam, front wash and theft horn. All of which don’t currently work. I have her booked into an auto elec tomorrow so hopefully they can find the root as they believe it’s an electrical problem somewhere. P.s not sure on indicators or interior lights as the only fuses I found with issues were the ones mentions above
I would be wondering if they have programmed the BCM correctly also since it wouldnt be the first time Iv heard of places claiming to have done it, and actually havent :rolleyes:

Likely have some wiring gremlins if no power through fuses.

AussieChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
I would be wondering if they have programmed the BCM correctly also since it wouldnt be the first time Iv heard of places claiming to have done it, and actually havent :rolleyes:

The old girl is still at the auto electricians but they called me and said that when they hook her up the their equipment everything works fine, but when disconnected all the above issues remain. He is confused himself and has to make a call to someone else. I dare say it’s going to cost me more than the car is actually worth :(

AussieChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
The old girl is still at the auto electricians but they called me and said that when they hook her up the their equipment everything works fine, but when disconnected all the above issues remain. He is confused himself and has to make a call to someone else. I dare say it’s going to cost me more than the car is actually worth :(

the auto elec is getting it re programmed on Monday as they think it wasn’t down correctly. Hopefully that sorts it :)