Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE TCM Symptoms and location

sydsider

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
Gday,

Any idea if the TCM on a 08 VE 3.6ltr is located on, or in the gearbox.
Its a 4 speed auto 4l60e.
Staying in first too long after slowing down to go over a speed hump or turning a corner causes it down shifts and stays down a few seconds longer than what it should, before upshifting. It doesnt do it all the time but does it consistently.

Ive been advised by a fellow forum reader in another post recently, it may be the TCM .
The tranny has been serviced and it continues to do the same thing no matter what.

Any advice on this one would be appreciated as ive been tolerating it for one year now, and thought that a service may sort it out just after i bought it.

Thanks.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Gday,

Any idea if the TCM on a 08 VE 3.6ltr is located on, or in the gearbox.
Its a 4 speed auto 4l60e.
Staying in first too long after slowing down to go over a speed hump or turning a corner causes it down shifts and stays down a few seconds longer than what it should, before upshifting. It doesnt do it all the time but does it consistently.

Ive been advised by a fellow forum reader in another post recently, it may be the TCM .
The tranny has been serviced and it continues to do the same thing no matter what.

Any advice on this one would be appreciated as ive been tolerating it for one year now, and thought that a service may sort it out just after i bought it.

Thanks.
As far as l know the 4l60 doesn't have a tcm? The 6l50 has a tcm.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I mentioned TPS, but wasn't sure if a VE still had a TPS like the earlier models did? Or if they had a TCM which did away with the TPS or not? Apologies for the confusion. I would think any auto would still have a TPS but I wasn't sure.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

sydsider

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
I mentioned TPS, but wasn't sure if a VE still had a TPS like the earlier models did? Or if they had a TCM which did away with the TPS or not? Apologies for the confusion. I would think any auto would still have a TPS but I wasn't sure.
No need for apologies man. Were all learning new things everyday.

I have no idea where the location of the hinge pillar trim is in above PDF to locate the TCM. Ive checked the TCM fuse and its ok.

Any advice?

sydsider

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
Thats the ecu & tcm . There are a couple of plugs in the engine bay. One plug goes the ecu. The other plug goes to the transmission.
Ok were getting hotter.

Thanks.

sydsider

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
Thats the ecu & tcm . There are a couple of plugs in the engine bay. One plug goes the ecu. The other plug goes to the transmission.
So the ECU and TCM are located next to each other it seems.

Where exactly do i access them?

sydsider

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
Ok so theyre in the engine bay. I though they were in the cabin.

Thanks.