Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Thunder daily work hack

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
SS mufflers as I hate the look of the single tips in such large bumper cut outs, and a debadge as the tailgates look so cluttered otherwise.
Hmmmm. seems a little suss, you sure you didn't debadge and fit SS mufflers because you want people to think you have a V8?? Hahaha, :):)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Coz he needs to pretend about owning a V8 with the stato in the shed.
Well, obviously someone didn't see the humour in post #11.....

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Hahaha, I wouldn't even want to imagine it being a V8, at $2.70 per litre for 98 I don't even want to think about owing 2x V8's :p

on a side note I'm so glad the VR is off the road for paint. and panel, $2.70 per litre at 27L/100km.......ooof.

Still not sure on whether I debage the holden logo on the tailgate yet and do away with the lot or whether I go the black Holden badge, I also deleted the series 2 badging on the guards because they are ugly as sin in my opinion too on such a dark coloured car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
27lph, why such poor mileage? I'm sure my cammed LS gets around 14-15lph.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
27lph, why such poor mileage? I'm sure my cammed LS gets around 14-15lph.

Yeah but remember the 304 is essentially a 60 year old engine, also diff gears, 4 speed, stall converter, no lockup.

Also the tune is high on the timing and fuelling side of things, I tuned it to be as angry as it could be, not for economy :p (My right foot when I do get a chance to drive it wouldn't be helping either)

That car was never built to be a commuter, I wouldn't even drive that thing to work on a nice day, hence economical dailies.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Been working on getting it how I want it for daily duties.

I'm a sucker for leather in cars so I've been upgrading the non leather bits (which really should have been standard).
* NOS Calais/Caprice/SSV Leather shifter.
* Replaced the standard skinny leather wheel with a NOS SSV steering wheel.
* Custom trimmed leather centre console.
rLc21eI.jpg

tapB4JG.jpg

Mounted my light duty tool boxes in the tub using my favourite tool (the nutsert gun) for quick removal if I need to haul big stuff.
lBvWVqw.jpg

wuJq35F.jpg

New rotors and pads all round.
tgYaAEC.jpg

SS mufflers as I hate the look of the single tips in such large bumper cut outs, and a debadge as the tailgates look so cluttered otherwise.
TMVrU1y.jpg
Where did you get the custom trimmed centre console from? Wouldn’t mind one for my SSV as the existing one is ratty from the previous owner leaning on it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Where did you get the custom trimmed centre console from? Wouldn’t mind one for my SSV as the existing one is ratty from the previous owner leaning on it.

Cams Leather, he's got an ebay store.

has SS, HRT logos etc and all sorts, he'll also do it in custom colours if you need too, I got him to match the alto grey of the car to his stitching.

$88 for something hand made in Australia and made to order is a steal.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Been working on getting it how I want it for daily duties.

I'm a sucker for leather in cars so I've been upgrading the non leather bits (which really should have been standard).
* NOS Calais/Caprice/SSV Leather shifter.
* Replaced the standard skinny leather wheel with a NOS SSV steering wheel.
* Custom trimmed leather centre console.
rLc21eI.jpg

tapB4JG.jpg

Mounted my light duty tool boxes in the tub using my favourite tool (the nutsert gun) for quick removal if I need to haul big stuff.
lBvWVqw.jpg

wuJq35F.jpg

New rotors and pads all round.
tgYaAEC.jpg

TMVrU1y.jpg

Bit late with the number plate blurring.....;)

Glad you're getting it to the way you want