Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE V8 Calais sportswagon upgrades

rakem

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VE Calais Sportswagon
Hey Guys,

Just got myself a 2011 VE V8 Calais Sportswagon.
Loving it so far, but just wondering what I could do to get some more power out of it.

From what I have heard an upgraded air intake and a tune can be done relatively cheaply with good gains... Is that correct?
Say I had around $2000 to spend on getting some more power, what could I do?

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Depending on the brand of exhaust,
For 2k you could get a full exhaust and tune (cheap exhaust though), or get a decent cat back exhaust and an intake and tune.
I'd be more inclined to do the cat back, mainly only because I don't like going cheap nasty stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
For $2000 I'd get OTR and dyno tune to suit both performance on ethanol and optimise AFM, gearbox tune, HSV headers, replace the flange restrictor / inlet to cat with 2", and mid-muffler with one which has an x-pipe. Don't be sold on catback performance - on L77 auto sportwagon it can cause Drone and noise problems in AFM mode for little, if any, gains. OTR + tune + headers + x-pipe will give you V8 growl without the howl.
I would consider spending an extra
A) $400 for much better gains daily driving in an auto - 2.5" mandrel as secondary to 200 cpsi cats (instead of opening up factory cats) or,
B) $500 to get maximum power up top with a set of long throw 1 3/4 4-1 headers & 200 cpsi cats (>5krpm not really optimal for daily driving in our car IMO).

rakem

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VE Calais Sportswagon
Thanks for the info mate.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
Second hand stainless steel cat back and a full engine and transmission tune. Get the tune done by a reputable tuner. Don't skimp on the tune!

Later on get headers and cats done when dollars permit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
AD07, you are quite simply the biggest tool in this shed son:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/104039-manual-ve-calais.html
The possibility of either, however slight, determines a concise and considered response to the OP.
YOU, on the other hand, shoot from the hip with comments which are glib and frivolous, absolutely nothing to contribute. Stop typing, go sit on your fingers.

Get slightly defensive when someone points out that you are wrong dont you.......i think you have a slight issue there.
I was pointing out that they dont come in a factory manual option.
Stick to your exhaust threads.....most of your comments sound like drone.