Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Pallbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Plus anyway to outsmart the thing and get the reverse tilt mirror thingy working on lower base models?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ballbag: Tilt mirror is a right royal pain in the arse (trust me on this) but I'm 100% with you on the beeping. Fristly, if you need front (or rear for that matter) sensors then you shouldn't be driving.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ballbag: Tilt mirror is a right royal pain in the arse (trust me on this) but I'm 100% with you on the beeping. Fristly, if you need front (or rear for that matter) sensors then you shouldn't be driving.
Drove the VS today, and parked it at a shopping centre; it's amazing how much easier it is to know where the extremities are.

It's be great if the VF's sensors were accurate, so I could use them to work out where I actually was in the parking spot; 'cos it's guessworkery otherwise, have no idea from just looking out the windows.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Drove the VS today, and parked it at a shopping centre; it's amazing how much easier it is to know where the extremities are.

do your eyes work? FFS... If you don't know where the ends of a VS are then just hand in your ticket right now.

It's be great if the VF's sensors were accurate, so I could use them to work out where I actually was in the parking spot; 'cos it's guessworkery otherwise, have no idea from just looking out the windows.

Are you for real??????????? fkn just give up driving now and buy yourself some bus tickets.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
I find the sensors handy but don't rely on them. After owning a boat for years can't break the habit these days of using my mirrors to reverse in, which if possible is my preferred way to park.

phi1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 UTE
I have an issue with the blind spot monitorts on my sv6 vf ute. They are constantly stuck on. even when its switched off and locked.. Has anyone else seen the same issue? I only picked it up on friday.

MR4ENSIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV SEDAN
When not in Sports mode, the autobox seems a bit dithery; for example, takes a while to
change gears if you stomp it, or you're trying to use only moderate acceleration up a steepish hill.
Not necessarily any better than the 4spd in our VS, at times.
Do we need a software upgrade or some-such? It's an MY14, Septemberish build.

I'm not sure if anyone has given you a proper answer (only looked at 2 pages over), but the reason it does that is because it's for the everyday driver so in other words saves fuel. If you slide your gear stick to left, instead of hitting it up or down just leave in that position. It will then be in "sports mode" instead of drive or manual. You'll find that the gear changes are a lot quicker and in fact, if you stay in that (sports)mode and you are accelerating a lot with a it of breaking the computer realised this and will actually stay in the lower gear for longer and also shift down earlier aswel... So the gear box really has 4 settings (drive, sports, sports+ and manual). Feels completely different IMO

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks MR4ENSIC. :)
Yeah I knew about Sport mode, I was mostly wondering if there's something wrong with it; to be more lethargic than a 4L60E in 'Economy' mode just doesn't seem right, but then I guess I'm comparing to the Falcon ZF 6spd (which probably isn't a valid/fair comparison).

MR4ENSIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV SEDAN
Thanks MR4ENSIC. :)
Yeah I knew about Sport mode, I was mostly wondering if there's something wrong with it; to be more lethargic than a 4L60E in 'Economy' mode just doesn't seem right, but then I guess I'm comparing to the Falcon ZF 6spd (which probably isn't a valid/fair comparison).

Haha oh ok then no probs... Yeah I've only heard good things about the ZF... Never used one before though..

MR4ENSIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV SEDAN
I have an issue with the blind spot monitorts on my sv6 vf ute. They are constantly stuck on. even when its switched off and locked.. Has anyone else seen the same issue? I only picked it up on friday.

Yeah take it back buddy.. I've had mine since December and I've had no issues with the blind spot indicators.. Must be something faulty there...