Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF LS3 V8 Service Queries

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I've looked at a few VF2's, none have had the heat exchanger fitted.
It brings some validity to that rumour towards the end Holden just shoved in the parts they had. One of the guys in our club bought a new 2017 plain Jane SS. It has Brembo 6 pots on the front and stockies on the rear. The dealer said that's just how it came. It's cool but damn it looks funny

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It brings some validity to that rumour towards the end Holden just shoved in the parts they had. One of the guys in our club bought a new 2017 plain Jane SS. It has Brembo 6 pots on the front and stockies on the rear. The dealer said that's just how it came. It's cool but damn it looks funny

What rims did it come with to fit 6 pots?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

Sorry but that dealer told porkies. Holden did not have 6pot Brembo‘s on any Holden VF model.
Post up a pic of it.
Most likely has the CTSV 6pot brembo calipers.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty sure they were Redline 20"s the clover design. Goose sold them cheap and put staggered Hussla on it. Other thing it had out of place was HUD

All 2017 SS's came with HUD standard. From memory, 2017 SV6 also had HUD standard.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sorry but that dealer told porkies. Holden did not have 6pot Brembo‘s on any Holden VF model.
Post up a pic of it.
Most likely has the CTSV 6pot brembo calipers.
You're quite right, he just corrected me, they are 4 pot Redlines

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
You're quite right, he just corrected me, they are 4 pot Redlines
Ok. Still the dealer lied. FYI, the front end and rear end modules were built off-line by ZF and delivered to the assembly plant in sequence. They build to a build sheet. Theirs no way the ZF assembler would have said fck it and put on front Brembo‘s only. Anyway, as long as he is happy and the dealer fitted them correctly, all is good.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
The OBLinkMX is a very good bluettoth device. The logging rate is good and it also goes to sleep. I have one connected for years. Together with an old phone it makes a nice poor man dash.

If you want to do serious log and also be able to tune get the MPVI2 .