Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sleeper

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Any news?

Just back from holidays in Europe. Enjoyed doing a Maserati factory tour and test driving a V12 Ferrari for a bit. All good.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Just back from holidays in Europe. Enjoyed doing a Maserati factory tour and test driving a V12 Ferrari for a bit. All good.
That explains why the thread was so quiet. A bit too uneventful for a modded commodore :).
Me, who didn't go on holidays, had bad engine mounts , stripped valve cover thread on the block and a failed oil pressure sensor !
We are glad to hear you were having a good time.

Reactions: Lex

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
It's almost 2 years to the day that I created this thread and picked up the car with the blower and other mods. The car has gone from stock to heavily modified.

Since then, I've done 15,000 kms and blown a stack of cash (pun intended).

I love driving the car at every single opportunity. The torque, the acceleration and stock driving manners. It's a great on the open road and I know I'll usually be quickest away from the traffic lights. I just love the subtle whine of the blower as it rolls through 4000 rpm.

There is a stupid thought in my mind that it would be great if I had a castostrpohic engine failure so I could do a stroker rebuild. Silly me.

I've taken my foot off the gas on the drag racing. I had a goal of 10's but it got to be too much hassle and cost. It also made the car a bit unpleasant to drive. I'll settle for low 11's for now. I've reverted my trans tune back to stock but it still needs a bit of work. It double clunks from 2nd to 3rd, especially when cold. I've also reverted the rear mufflers back to standard OEM so the car is quiet. I much prefer it this way. It was too loud before. Now, it's nice and smooth and quiet.

For those that wonder about the fuel consumption of a supercharged, cam, heads & diff gear car driven in heavy Sydney traffic by someone best described as a lead foot. Check it out. It's a smidge below full. Lucky I don't give a funk.

Would I do it all again....yeah baby!!

For x-mas, I'd like some wider rear wheels and tyres. 295s +.

20231216_112320 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
It's almost 2 years to the day that I created this thread and picked up the car with the blower and other mods. The car has gone from stock to heavily modified.

Since then, I've done 15,000 kms and blown a stack of cash (pun intended).

I love driving the car at every single opportunity. The torque, the acceleration and stock driving manners. It's a great on the open road and I know I'll usually be quickest away from the traffic lights. I just love the subtle whine of the blower as it rolls through 4000 rpm.

There is a stupid thought in my mind that it would be great if I had a castostrpohic engine failure so I could do a stroker rebuild. Silly me.

I've taken my foot off the gas on the drag racing. I had a goal of 10's but it got to be too much hassle and cost. I'll settle for low 11's for now. I've reverted my trans tune back to stock but it still needs a bit of work. It double clunks from 2nd to 3rd, especially when cold. I've also reverted the rear mufflers back to standard OEM so the car is quiet. I much prefer it this way. It was too loud before. Now, it's nice and smooth and quiet.

For those that wonder about the fuel consumption of a supercharged, cam, heads & diff gear car driven in heavy Sydney traffic by someone best described as a lead foot. Check it out. It's a smidge below full. Lucky I don't give a funk.

Would I do it all again....yeah baby!!

For x-mas, I'd like some wider rear wheels and tyres. 295s +.

View attachment 261646
My excuse for getting a rebuild with a stroker kit was piston slap, solved the piston clap completely and the bonus was s@#tload more torque right through the rev range, win win in my book !!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Bit surprised how easy these are to drive and how well mannered/predictable they are after driving workmates 7 litre harrop blown vf clubbing.

Which gear do you put them in when want to do 40 to 60km/h rolling skid?

Never driven ve-vf so didn't know if trick was put it in 4th or not...leaving it in drive wasn't the answer lol

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I've reverted my trans tune back to stock but it still needs a bit of work. It double clunks from 2nd to 3rd, especially when cold.
with the blower it would be best to have a tune in the auto (proper tune) as the extra torque isnt accounted for with the stock settings and u will prob wear it out faster, every time u change gears the clutches have to hold the torque and stock pressures wont do that for ever, u can have it drive like stock still and even a slightly faster then stock shift would be better for it also so its not holding the extra torque for too long, its like a factory manual clutch when new it will hold more power but as its not designed for it wont last as long as a clutch designed for it, least with the autos u have adjustability to help cope with it

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
with the blower it would be best to have a tune in the auto (proper tune) as the extra torque isnt accounted for with the stock settings and u will prob wear it out faster, every time u change gears the clutches have to hold the torque and stock pressures wont do that for ever, u can have it drive like stock still and even a slightly faster then stock shift would be better for it also so its not holding the extra torque for too long, its like a factory manual clutch when new it will hold more power but as its not designed for it wont last as long as a clutch designed for it, least with the autos u have adjustability to help cope with it

I was not clear when i said "back to stock". I should have said that I reverted to the tune that was originally supplied by the auto rebuilder, Craig's Transmissions. I reverted to their original tune they provided for the 800hp build. They subsequently supplied a more drag race oriented tune which was sharper shifting (with a noticeable clunk) but not as smooth as I prefer. Thus I went back to their original tune.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I was not clear when i said "back to stock". I should have said that I reverted to the tune that was originally supplied by the auto rebuilder, Craig's Transmissions. I reverted to their original tune they provided for the 800hp build. They subsequently supplied a more drag race oriented tune which was sharper shifting (with a noticeable clunk) but not as smooth as I prefer. Thus I went back to their original tune.
if that 2-3 clunk dosnt fix then its going to need adjustments, may have too much pressure and/or they have stopped it from adapting itself, usually if the auto clunks it will know the shift was wrong and within the preset range it will adjust the pressure to help it smooth out, a clunk can be too much pressure pushing on the shift before the clutch is ready and it clunks/bumps as it is applied and forced into it, these autos dont need heaps of pressure and usually stock can shift in the 0.2 sec range and i doubt a bumpy race shift is doing it any quicker all tho it prob feels like it does because of the bump so prob good to stay with the earlier tune

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
At least they gave you the option to have a more melow tune. When I called to tell them about the clunky shift they said that is the way it has to be because of the extra clutches.
Now I am just waiting for the warranty on the rebuild to finish to start playing with the trans tune.