Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Redline value

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Another rate rise almost guaranteed today. Plenty of people holding the hot potato trying to panic sell with the "ItS An INveSTmeNt tHaT'Ll oNLy gO UP" mentality, or as I like to call "breathing the exhaust". Prices will start coming down soon enough (Not plummet, but correct).

I like to look around as I want to get one one day, but I know it won't be 40K better than my S2 SV6 in the real world. And they absolutely are not selling like crazy anymore. Heck some clown was asking $30K for a VE SSV with almost 300000km in Adelaide, but it was the IMO super cool Kapow! colour.

Read an article just today about a Spitfire Motorsport for sale with 300km on the clock for about $150k. Righto champ....
$40k for a $55k-new car is pretty ridiculous resale for an 8yo car!

Id have knocked off a chunk for the poorly fitted/colour matched aftermarket (Doesn't look like genuine HSV) side skirts, aftermarket exhaust and the steering wheel that looks as if it was so badly death grip'd there's no leather left

But this is my favourite:

"Believed to be tuned, no paperwork"

Last edited:

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Heck some clown was asking $30K for a VE SSV with almost 300000km in Adelaide, but it was the IMO super cool Kapow! colour.
Ve prices are stupid i paid 34k drive away for my SS manual ute in late 08 and with 37k on it shannons have it valued at 50k atm. I honestly think id get at least the 34k for it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ve prices are stupid i paid 34k drive away for my SS manual ute in late 08 and with 37k on it shannons have it valued at 50k atm. I honestly think id get at least the 34k for it.

$50k through Shannons. They offered me $21k. It was only my modifications that got me up to $24k or $25k .

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
$50k through Shannons. They offered me $21k. It was only my modifications that got me up to $24k or $25k .
I think our 40k-km SSV-R VF is ~$50k with them … tempted to call & ask about another bump, but I don’t think it’s actually worth any more than that so prolly not worth the extra few bucks a year premium increase …

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Was on the news yesterday, used car prices are heading down and have been for a while, with the belief they go down further...

So people still thinking they can still ask big money for a 2nd hand car need to get their head into the real world and out of the fantasy one

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Sometimes I think people don’t really need/want to sell their car but more so seeing what’s willing to be paid, get a good offer and most things are for sale.
I’d sell mine today if someone wants to pay drug money for it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Sometimes I think people don’t really need/want to sell their car but more so seeing what’s willing to be paid, get a good offer and most things are for sale.
I’d sell mine today if someone wants to pay drug money for it.
It would have to be Super Drug Money for me … only thing I see on the new market that suits is an $85k Hyundai, and you’d be a whack-job to pay $85k for a VF1 SSVR even if it only had delivery km’s let alone the 40k ours has …

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Everyone has a different situation, I rarely drive mine as it is and I don’t need it but it’s nice to have at the same time. I often think about listing it for a silly number to see what happens but it never gets past that thought stage haha