Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV 2016 installing an active Subwoofer too a non Bose system (not a redline)

Audio Questions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv series 2 2016 non Bose
I have an active sub I’m trying too fit too a (VF Ssv 2016 non Bose factory sound system) and I can’t find any help anywhere on here, it has the factory amp for the two parcel shelf subwoofers which only has two plug connectors on it unlike the redlines which have three. Any help would be appreciated, is it possible to do without a outline converter? Or do you need one. Chasing some photos either way, thanks in advance

Bazza0123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I had a 12 inch powered sub installed into my VF SV6 hooked into a rear door speaker line without a converter. Works like a charm.
Installing it to the head unit most likely will need that outline converter since its a stock head unit.

Langella

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 6.0 SS-V
Ok so, Here is what I've done:

As far as I understand the shelf speakers are factory subwoofers so I plugged a line converter (removes any voltage from the wire) to one of the speakers and the output of the line converter to my AMP input. I have powered the AMP to my batery directly and the PowerOn (or whatever you call that) wire to the same wire that goes to the factory AMP.

I hope that makes sense.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Ok so, Here is what I've done:

As far as I understand the shelf speakers are factory subwoofers so I plugged a line converter (removes any voltage from the wire) to one of the speakers and the output of the line converter to my AMP input. I have powered the AMP to my batery directly and the PowerOn (or whatever you call that) wire to the same wire that goes to the factory AMP.

I hope that makes sense.
These subs will be already powered by an amp and also only have bass output. You should use the input of the Holden Amp.