Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv head unit issues

Lauriep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline
I have a 2014 ssv redline that went in for rear bumper replacement recently. When finished the repairer sent to dealership for recalerbration of the blind spot indercator. Only 250 meters down the roads noticed that the right speakers cut in & out then stopped, the engine light has been on & off periodically and also the clicking noise when indercators are in use is now silent. All seems too ironic to have all these faults that were not there earlier? At first I thought I just had a faulty RHF speaker and replaced it (factory Bose type) no change, then I was told that the equiliser could be faulty but then noticed the indercator clicking sound very rarely is audiable and the engine light comes and goes? I 100% do not blame the panel shop but question if due to recalerbration could this all happen? Or is it all just coincidence to all happen at the same time. Any input would be helpful as I don’t want to start chasing something that could take forever.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
I have a 2014 ssv redline that went in for rear bumper replacement recently. When finished the repairer sent to dealership for recalerbration of the blind spot indercator. Only 250 meters down the roads noticed that the right speakers cut in & out then stopped, the engine light has been on & off periodically and also the clicking noise when indercators are in use is now silent. All seems too ironic to have all these faults that were not there earlier? At first I thought I just had a faulty RHF speaker and replaced it (factory Bose type) no change, then I was told that the equiliser could be faulty but then noticed the indercator clicking sound very rarely is audiable and the engine light comes and goes? I 100% do not blame the panel shop but question if due to recalerbration could this all happen? Or is it all just coincidence to all happen at the same time. Any input would be helpful as I don’t want to start chasing something that could take forever.
Could be the Battery check the voltage and may be give it a charge
i believe and heard on this forum that battery going flat
or not charging can cause lots of alarms and problems

Lauriep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline
Could be the Battery check the voltage and may be give it a charge
i believe and heard on this forum that battery going flat
or not charging can cause lots of alarms and problems
Thanks but the battery is holding charge at correct volts