Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv ls3 6.2 upgrade options

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
300 is has happened but most fall under by 10 or more. I couldnt care less as long as the whole rev range increases.

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
If this is all you're after then don't spend any money at all as you already have more power from the factory then you can use during daily driving.

The only benefit you'll achieve is better fuel economy.

Id have to kind of agree with this. The standard 304kw is enough for 99% of daily driving. Unless you want to race it or something.
If I had my time again and in hindsight. Driving my stock auto one a few years back was all I really needed.
Sure its nice having over an extra 100kw now. But there is no where I can really ever use it on public roads.
Money would of been better spent on a dirt bike :)

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I know we shouldnt focus solely on numbers but im getting 246.6 rwkw after an otr and custom tune. Will be going full exhaust & retune at some stage this year but i cant see any more gain than another 20 rwkw.
So i will be expecting around 266rwk which falls quite a bit short of the expected 295rwkw. Why could this be?

I have the upgrade in the video from C&A Auto in my MSE and now that its loosened up i'm making around 300rwkw, when I got the upgrade on the new car/engine it was 295rwkw.

You're missing the headers and exhaust and the tune which factors in the increased airflow through the new system. Also, is your car tuned to 98?

Last edited:

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
I have the upgrade in the video from C&A Auto in my MSE and now that its loosened up i'm making around 300rwkw, when I got the upgrade on the new car/engine it was 295rwkw.

You're missing the headers and exhaust and the tune which factors in the increased airflow through the new system. Also, is your car tuned to 98?
Its not tuned to 98 for whatever reason. If it gets tuned to 98 and u accidentally put 91 whats the worse that can happen?
Yes currently i am missing the headers, exhaust & retune but when i upgrade to all of this i still cant see how it will go from 246rwkw to close to 300rwkw solely with just these upgrades. Correct me if im wrong tho.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2

How much of an improvement did u notice in terms of bottom end and midrange torque with this package?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Its not tuned to 98 for whatever reason. If it gets tuned to 98 and u accidentally put 91 whats the worse that can happen? Yes currently i am missing the headers, exhaust & retune but when i upgrade to all of this i still cant see how it will go from 246rwkw to close to 300rwkw solely with just these upgrades. Correct me if i'm wrong tho.

How could you accidentally put 91?
I'm correcting you - the package from the video from C&A Auto gets you to around 300rwkw, so there's your answer, yes the additional bits and re-tune to 98 makes that much extra power (in my manual at least).

How much of an improvement did u notice in terms of bottom end and midrange torque with this package?

To be honest you don't really feel the extra power until 3500-4000 RPM then it really pulls, that's the nature of a naturally aspirated engine. As others have said, the only way to significantly increase the low end is a turbo designed for that.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
How could you accidentally put 91?
I'm correcting you - the package from the video from C&A Auto gets you to around 300rwkw, so there's your answer, yes the additional bits and re-tune to 98 makes that much extra power (in my manual at least).

To be honest you don't really feel the extra power until 3500-4000 RPM then it really pulls, that's the nature of a naturally aspirated engine. As others have said, the only way to significantly increase the low end is a turbo designed for that.
Accidentally putting 91 meaning the mrs accidentally makes a mistake and puts 91 instead of 98. Whats the worst that could happen if tuned for 98

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
depends how close to the edge it was tuned on 98 and how the knock and other tables were adjusted if at all, if knock is stock then u will prob not notice anything till u go higher load on the pedal and u will just get reduced timing from any knock detected, if the 98 tune was to the edge and the knock tables minimized or disabled then ur prob in trouble running 91, of if it was tuned with some allowance on 98 and knock tables stockish then u may not notice any difference

Gardy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 WM Caprice series 2
My '16 VF2 SSV Redline Auto ute has : OTR, TRI Y extractors, 100 cell cats, full 3" SS "Extracted"
exhaust and makes 297 RWKW. Still averaging 13 L/100K. 385 is more than enough without going internal.
The main thing is the TUNE, get the box remapped as well.

Last edited:

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I know we shouldnt focus solely on numbers but im getting 246.6 rwkw after an otr and custom tune.
Will be going full exhaust & retune at some stage this year but i cant see any more gain than another 20 rwkw.
So i will be expecting around 266rwk which falls quite a bit short of the expected 295rwkw. Why could this be?

That's a bit odd. That's more the figure you'd expect out of a VF1 with the 6lt, not the VF2