Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf suspension upgrade

Ad$75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv 6.0
Can anyone advise me on a good suspension package or what are the best brands to go for. Soft ride with good handling & cornering

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
ive been very happy with my calais. i put Eibach pro kit springs with koni FSD'S. has given me what i want.no thump in ride, much improved cornering and made the whole car feel tighter. not suitable for track work/days,but enjoyable to drive. just depends how far you want to go.
good luck
cheers

Ad$75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv 6.0
ive been very happy with my calais. i put Eibach pro kit springs with koni FSD'S. has given me what i want.no thump in ride, much improved cornering and made the whole car feel tighter. not suitable for track work/days,but enjoyable to drive. just depends how far you want to go.
good luck
cheers

Ad$75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv 6.0
Cheers mate appreciate the advice. Did you do the work yourself or shop fitted?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Can anyone advise me on a good suspension package or what are the best brands to go for. Soft ride with good handling & cornering
The best "all-round" combination I've used is King Springs and Monroe GT Sport shocks. There's better handling and stiffer out there but keeping in mind, King and Monroe developed this physically testing multiple VF Commodores. The foreign spring and shock manufacturers don't have physical access to Holden's to optimally design a spring and shock package using their manufacturing technology and in most cases, Joe Bloggs is directing the foreign manufactures what the VF Commodore needs. The problem is, what's Joe Bloggs guruism and what's Joe attempting to achieve, a track car or a handling improvement on Holden's FE2/FE3 maintaining comfort is the "big" question that affects the result.

Generally speaking, the more globally renowned spring and shock manufacturers tend to produce the the better handling and stiffest uncomfortable packages better suited for the track.

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

The best "all-round" combination I've used is King Springs and Monroe GT Sport shocks.

Generally speaking, the more globally renowned spring and shock manufacturers tend to produce the the better handling and stiffest uncomfortable packages better suited for the track.

I like really stiff cars so not going to get into that argument haha.

But eibach pro start softer then stock and finish firmer. Almost all kings unless specific ordered are linear springs that's why with king's it's either comfortable or it handles not often it's both.

Lovells are progressive , I think Pedders may be too. Kings are one of the cheapest spring manafacturers on the market. That's why they're popular not the quality in my opinion.

These are LHD specs may be different to ours but this is from eibach.

FRONT:

OE rate: 25 N/mm (143 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT progressive rate: 22 - 35 N/mm (126 - 200 lbs/in)

OE wheel center to fender: 390 mm (15.4 in)
PRO-KIT wheel center to fender: 361 mm (14.2 in)

REAR:

OE rate: 58 N/mm (331 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT progressive rate: 38 - 71 N/mm (217 - 405 lbs/in)

OE wheel center to fender: 398 mm (15.6 in)
PRO-KIT wheel center to fender: 364 mm (14.3 in)

in theory should be softer then stock until it you need it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

what model do you own?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
VF1 SS-V according to the Member's Ride doohickey.

does it already have FE3 in it then?? I have a VF1 SSV Redline and it came with the FE3 setup and honestly I like it, maybe some new standard shocks would be just as good as anything aftermarket.