Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF V6 Coolant Temperature Sensor

Azzo1977

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore V6
On the weekend my temperature gauge started to read high then dropped back again. Thermo fans running when they shouldn't be.
It appears that the Coolant Temperature Sensor is failing so will need to replace.
I have looked around the engine and for the life of me can't find the sensor, does anyone have an engine drawing or pic of the location please.
Cheers!!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hold my beer…

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that, I did see that thread but didn't scroll down far enough to see the VE/VF procedure as its way different then the VZ.
It’s the same but it’s just harder to get to.

Azzo1977

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore V6
It’s the same but it’s just harder to get to.
Yes I can see that now, will be fun "not" to take it off and replace. Looked over the workshop manual and realised after reading about the cooling system that I also might have an issue with my radiator cap. Both my upper and lower hoses contract as the engine cools indicating that the valve in the cap isn't working properly. Will replace that at the same time.
Thanks for your assistance. Not looking forward to scraped knuckles.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Yes I can see that now, will be fun "not" to take it off and replace. Looked over the workshop manual and realised after reading about the cooling system that I also might have an issue with my radiator cap. Both my upper and lower hoses contract as the engine cools indicating that the valve in the cap isn't working properly. Will replace that at the same time.
Thanks for your assistance. Not looking forward to scraped knuckles.
Mate had the same problem,but it was only doing it to the top hose. It was a worn o ring on the r/cap. Couldn't get the o ring so brought a
new cap, now good as.

Azzo1977

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore V6
Mate had the same problem,but it was only doing it to the top hose. It was a worn o ring on the r/cap. Couldn't get the o ring so brought a
new cap, now good as.
I had both upper and lower hoses that were collapsing. I have now changes the cap and only the upper is still doing it. I'll have to monitor it after I change my sensor and replace the coolant.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bleed the air.