Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 SS's, who's still got their's from new?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
And too many Victorians , New South Welshmen and Kiwis :D

There are indeed no untruths in the old saying "each person from New South Wales that moves to Queensland increases the average IQ of both states" ... !
Well, that might be true, but when Vic number plates had "Victoria on the Move" too many Victorians took it literally they had to change it to "The Place To Be" to stop them coming here

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
“NSW - The Premier State” ===> WTF You Talkin’ ‘bout Willis, every state has a premier & also the Premier was built in Elizabeth S.A. …

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
You didn't happen to travel through Lismore on your way up the coast did you?

Not this trip, about a year ago I was at Lismore.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's called the Mould Coast for a reason ... sticky, sweaty, mouldy, unpleasant. It's an un-maintained armpit.

Where I come from in far north west NSW, anywhere without clouds of dust and extreme heat is wonderful, in fact, anywhere with a tree is enticing.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Still have my August 17 built VF2 Redline sedan. About 62,000km now but it only really comes out on weekends and for the occasional longer trip. Since we stopped using it as a family car it's done about 5,000km a year. No plans to sell it.

ol smokey

Reaction score
Members Ride
'82 VH wagon, '97 VT wagon, now '17 SS VF2 wagon
Well, my MY17 VF2 SS wagon wasn't quite 'new' as such, but still was less than a year old/13,500Kms when I bought it. Now just turned over 40K and going strong. Would I sell it? I can't imagine why I would sell it, it's a wonderful vehicle, but I said that about my Yamaha Royal Star too but I sold that after 12 very happy years. After getting a hip replacement, it's not a good idea to take unnecessary risks on two wheels.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
@ol smokey, I find it’s not THAT hard to keep the SSVR on all four wheels … !

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
After getting a hip replacement, it's not a good idea to take unnecessary risks on two wheels.
Makes good sense!

I love motorbikes and rode one on the road from 1978 to 1994 and did some stupid things in that time and never crashed. Suddenly in late '94, I felt like I'd had a good run with bikes and was time to swap for 4 wheels toys. I sold my bike and bought a VR GTS.

It's not the bike that's overly risky, it's people in cars and I've had a couple of close ones!