Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha it sounded great mate! I think my car needs raised just a tad for "spirited" driving. But I wont be raising it lol. Amy said she will stay home next time, she was feeling a bit car sick at the end. We went back that way you said, and through Marysville.

Pretty sweet day of driving, those roads are great! And love your car!

I will put some photos up on my thread too.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I was pushing it a little harder on the way home, had a big scrub, thankfully just those HSV flaps I've fitted to the rear, the tyres shaved a fair bit out of them haha.
As much as I want to lower my car a little more, I won't be, I enjoy driving out in the hills to much, and don't want to compromise the car to much.

Hope Amy's feeling alright now, those roads don't help when you're feeling a little car sick.
Reefton Spur is nice, I thought about going that way.

Was a good day for it. Thanks bud. Your car has a nice presence on the road.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Couple more curtesy of villn808

Really like this one

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Been a bit quiet lately, mainly been driving and enjoying the car.
I did however add a black out kit to the front of the car, and the side vents, pretty pleased with it.

I also added an Autotechnica Catch Can, for the price it's not a bad unit and seems to be working very well.

Contemplating a few little changes to the car over the coming months. Considering a Harrop catback as I want to keep the Bimodal function, otherwise possibly a full manta system.
Also looking into LED headlights as Villn808 has just fitted some to his car.
DRL patch harness and bit of a brake upgrade are also on the cards, along with an oil cooler. Getting the itch to have some track time.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I've always liked the factory chrome with the slipstream color Jim and I'm 50/50 if the black out is an improvement.
Perhaps if the badge and window moulding is black too it might be a dead set winner?
Of course 'opinions and a$$holes' as they say but I thought I'd give ya my honest assessment.
It's too bad a shadow chrome kit isn't on offer for the series2... it would go so well with the current palette for the cars.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I liked the chrome too, but I got bored and did this haha. Saw a photo of a Chevy SS with the black out and thought why not.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Looks good mate, I just got in a Slipstream SV6 Black Edition in for a customer and I think the black looks great against the blue as well. Shadow Chrome or Black Chrome would be a killer option in my opinion.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Looking good man. Glad to see you have seen the light with the blackout kit. Think slipstream looks great with a mixture of both the chrome and black. Some ####er took a chunk of paint out of my rear door yesterday in a carpark. Hate the dingnomes!! Had to buy some touchup paint.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Looking good man. Glad to see you have seen the light with the blackout kit. Think slipstream looks great with a mixture of both the chrome and black. Some ####er took a chunk of paint out of my rear door yesterday in a carpark. Hate the dingnomes!! Had to buy some touchup paint.

Ah that sucks about the damage!
I was able to touch up the damage I did to mine, thankfully.