Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vic Drift this Weekend @ Calder

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy

Vic Drift Club have got Calder hired for the weekend. Event all day today + tonight (11pm finish) + tomorrow.

I'm gonna sneak over now home in time for the footy maybe.. Always great to see the crazy contraptions the kids end up making these days.

Bring a hat!

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Some fun stuff out there!

Who doesn't like a Silvia. And that MX5 had a cheeky little blower, was sic. Ol' mate in the SS ute had the best entry, laid over into the turn haha so good.

Good to see Big Bird hanging out on that Rolla and a Tidy R31 is always welcome.

Special mention to that Taxi, what a poor live that thing must have had / having hahaha.

IMGP3039.jpg
IMGP3095.jpg
IMGP3106.jpg
IMGP3117.jpg
IMGP3123.jpg
IMGP3124.jpg
IMGP3134.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
That would have been a good start to your day before watching the pies bring it home.

And a good fun range of vehicles too.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Yeah wasn't terrible. Gets a boy thinking it does, sure looked like a lot of fun...

Reactions: Lex

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So I'm the events manager for Vicdrift, so literally just got home after 3 big hot days at Calder. I've got an R33 (suss the build thread) and when its at the track again (wasn't driving this weekend), happy to take you for some passenger laps if you come down again.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Was driving down the Calder and had one of the cars pass us and then drive into the gates.
Then on the way back past later could see the smoke from what was going on.

No shortage of trailers by the looks of it.

Definitely keen to go have a watch another weekend when not preoccupied.

Reactions: Lex

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
We had 140 entrants, plus an additional 13 pro ride cars, so no shortage of cars on both tracks all weekend. If anyone does plan on coming down to an event, let me know in advance so I can come say g'day at least. I'm usually all over the place at the events, but always happy to show people what we do.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
We had 140 entrants, plus an additional 13 pro ride cars, so no shortage of cars on both tracks all weekend. If anyone does plan on coming down to an event, let me know in advance so I can come say g'day at least. I'm usually all over the place at the events, but always happy to show people what we do.
What a legend.
I would take you up on that if not for the vast distance to the track from here.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
WA have a fairly strong drift scene too, so you'd be able to get a similar experience over there too minus the nationwide journey. Assuming you're not too far from a track where you are.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
WA have a fairly strong drift scene too, so you'd be able to get a similar experience over there too minus the nationwide journey. Assuming you're not too far from a track where you are.

That's another 3,000 odd kms for @Deuce to get to.