Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vin

Neat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
There will be a sticker along the frame somewhere that looks like this, even on the Utes

View attachment 259126

It’s a compliance sticker and I’m pretty sure it’s illegal for it to not be there. It will have your Vin and manufacture date.

My VF2 SV6 is 18/12/15
Great thanks mate mine is the 10th Oct 2017 so one of the very lady I guess

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
There will be a sticker along the frame somewhere that looks like this, even on the Utes
If my Ute sticker had "seats 5" on it, does that mean 3 blokes could ride in the back like the old days?

I bet panhead's had a few rides in the back of utes listening to someone's "thong clapper" exhaust, I have some treasured memories of that!

Last edited:

Neat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
If my Ute sticker had "seats 5" on it, does that mean 3 blokes could ride in the back like the old days?

I bet panhead's had a few rides in the back of utes listening to someone's "thong clapper" exhaust, I have some treasured memories of that!
Ok do my sticker says 10/10/17 is this the day it left the factory

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Ok do my sticker says 10/10/17 is this the day it left the factory

Pretty certain it’s the day all its parts went through the general assembly line and it rolled out a completed car.

It’s what I would consider the day your car was “built” and became a completed car.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I was pulled over by the police when I was 18 just cruisin' around and around town with 7 in the front and 9 in the tray, we were all drinking throw-downs and I they told us to keep the noise down as we weren't the only ones that lived in the town.

I was in my 1976 HX Ute with a factory fitted L34 and M21 and a CanAm exhaust which was just a set of tuned length extractors and 2 eighteen inch hotdogs, if you eased the throttle out right it made the windows in the shops of my home town rattle, the perfect thong clapper and I loved lending it to other people just so I could hear the exhaust as it took off.

Sometimes I think how great those days were when we were free from all the bureaucracy, then I remember some of my friends who didn't make it.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Pretty certain it’s the day all its parts went through the general assembly line and it rolled out a completed car.

It’s what I would consider the day your car was “built” and became a completed car.
Thats when the car was complianced not the build. The build is only a month and year stamped on a plate under the bonnet.

I have to deal with this all the time with mechanics. "Factory changed design in the 3rd month, What month is the customers car?" "Don't know and its up on the hoist, can't you check Vicroads?"... (moment later)... "Cool compliance date is April. You'll need to get the car down and check the build date"

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I was in my 1976 HX Ute with a factory fitted L34 and M21 and a CanAm exhaust which was just a set of tuned length extractors and 2 eighteen inch hotdogs, if you eased the throttle out right it made the windows in the shops of my home town rattle, the perfect thong clapper and I loved lending it to other people just so I could hear the exhaust as it took off.
A bloke up the road from us had the perfect thong clapper note on his HQ panel van and I went up and asked him what exhaust he had. It was the CanAm system with extractors and the two 18" hotdogs and no balance (H) pipe and I bought a pair of the same CanAm hotdogs and put them on my HQ Monaro just off the stock manifolds until I could afford the extractors.

The thong clappers were not only the classic note in the day, but you could also drive the car pretty quietly short shifting just before the clap came in, good for when the cops were behind you, the car wasn't that loud a lower RPM.

I got a set of good 2nd hand HM Headers tri-y with long secondaries and ended up putting another 2 CanAm hotdogs alongside the tailshaft as the fibreglass burned out a bit in the original 2 and the exhaust got louder. Running the 4 hotdogs is when a couple of mates told me the 308 sounded more like a 350 Chev as the exhaust note was much deeper. Playing with those CanAm hotdogs as a 2nd year apprentice mechanic is where my exhaust passion began and remains as strong as ever 45 years later!

Reactions: Lex

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Speaking of VIN's and build dates, let's have a minute's silence for the factory closure anniversary today 6 years ago!

393300724_1054383262220865_8218291988739459497_n.jpg

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Does any one know what the actual last holden built was? Yes we all know the above VF was the last car Holden made but what was the last car to come off any GM assembly line and wear a Holden badge.

I'd hope it was at least a Colorado. Even better if it was one that got redirected to HSV as a Sportscat. The Commodore line had already been killed off a few months before GM announced they pulling up stumps and there wasn't much else to be proud of in the line up..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Colorado is just some POS dual-cab carbage.
Didn’t the Insignadore continue to the end? Although if so, low sales numbers probably meant they were still selling cars from the prior year by the time the brand went away.
It was mostly carbage at the end; Trax, Equinox, Trailblazer, Colorado. The only things that weren’t awful in 2020 were Astra & Insignadore.