Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Holden electric side mirror switch

pcrossin

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP HOLDEN COMMODORE
VP Holden electric side mirror switch if anyone knows where I can get one. I’m in Geelong

Attachments

• IMG_2413.jpeg
    IMG_2413.jpeg
    803.4 KB · Views: 45

pcrossin

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP HOLDEN COMMODORE
VP Holden electric side mirror switch if anyone knows where I can get one. I’m in Geelong
I have found a part I needed now I need to know which fuse controls the mirrors I put the new part in but there is no power to the switch your help would be appreciated

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
So your car had power mirrors and your tracing an issue, or it didn't have it originally and your installing them?

pcrossin

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP HOLDEN COMMODORE
So your car had power mirrors and your tracing an issue, or it didn't have it originally and your installing them?
Thank you for responding to my thread I have electric mirrors factory installed they stopped working took out the switch and it fell apart in my hands I bought a replacement from wreckers I installed it and it did not work found there is no power to the switch so I had 2 problems I just need to know which fuse supplies the power to the switch

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Ok unsure on VP which exact fuse, but it should be under the steering column.

If you haven't already, while waiting for other member replies, remove each fuse and inspect for breaks.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Fuse number 11 under the fuse cover supplies power to Cruise Control, Mirrors, locks and 'windows' (Power Windows is Fuse 5.)
If fuse 11 is good,look at where the wiring loom goes into the door as the wires there are always being stretched and moved around.

pcrossin

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP HOLDEN COMMODORE
Fuse number 11 under the fuse cover supplies power to Cruise Control, Mirrors, locks and 'windows' (Power Windows is Fuse 5.)
If fuse 11 is good,look at where the wiring loom goes into the door as the wires there are always being stretched and moved around.
Thank you I will try fuse 11 and see how I go

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
The power wire into the switch will be brown,coming from the pink wire from fuse 11.