Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP rust. Nothing new

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Hey all,

I was cleaning the SS the other day and noticed the rear window seal was slightly raised at a 1 spot. Peeled it back a little and there it was, the glorious metallic appreciation of Melbournes fantastic winters and chilly mornings.

Question, is this why I have moisture in my boot as well? Or is that coming in through somewhere else. And also, (I think i'm answering my own question) I take it its a window out job to repair properly? (And uncover some more rust no doubt)

Thanks all

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
possibly could be getting in around your rear quarter windows as well , had this promblem once before

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
with the boot, probably washed the car / had it rain and its just sat there, it happens to pretty much all commodores.

purrVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 Executive
if your tailights have been remove/replaced before it can get in around them too, they dont seal properly after you rip em out. Do what i did and just get some all purpose silicone and seal up aroud the top and side

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
possibly could be getting in around your rear quarter windows as well , had this promblem once before

yeah there's a howto for it on this or the other forum, i forget which, seems easy just have never gotten round to it.

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
You have moisture in your boot, coz GM knew that there would be an upcoming drought with water restrictions.

Now they allow us to wash our cars with the water that gathers where the spare tyre goes.