Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Fan Ring

CSD

Reaction score
Hey how is it goin

I have a good one for you.
I have a vr commodore and when you are driving along every know and then a high pitch ring comes from what I think to be the fan outlets above the stereo.
The only way to stop it ringing is to move the fan selector switch from blowing air onto your face to blowing air onto your feet and back again. This seems to stop it for a while then it comes back.
Could it be a problem with the vacuum pressure in the fan system?
I don't know and it is really starting to **** me.

Thanks

Chris

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
just wondering about the so called ring

is it a ring or a whistle
if its more of a whistle my vb had one when i put the fan on turns out it was the motor that ran the fan (running dry needed lube)problem solved
if a ring is there something stuck in the vent?
or a partial blockage
if you take the vent out and look down the vent you may find somthing is loged in there and may need a cleanout.
other than that i dont know

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
i found that same problem heaps of time's before, i found it was actualy the aircon motor needed a bloody good lube up. the chances of something getting stuck in the aircon system are low, however if something is stuck, it usualy makes a ticking sound, and will go away. it will eventualy break off, i wouldnt worry to much about the ring sound, you can lube it up if you wanna.

cheers
garth

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
maybe one of the control flaps is not closing properly and after a short while it may creep open a bit and this could give off the high pitch ,when you readjust the position of the air flow it could start the process all over again,try leaving it on 1 position untill it makes the noise then go through the process of trying all settings ,maybe you can work out what vent is causing the trouble
cheers fergi