Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 5.0's VE 6.0 Chlorophyll SSV Z Series

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, I know that, took a vf maloo for a test drive 2 years ago followed another car through a crossing, because pedestrian was perfectly behind pillar, first I knew he was there he was yelling at me and I'm looking at him in the mirror

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Spent yesterday arvo rearranging the garage.

Still tight but does fit.

fAgZufk.jpg

I'm going to install a wheel stop for peace of mind

Those shelves will also be coming down today. They're sturdy enough but can't access them with the car parked so pointless really.

Also, front brakes seem very dusty.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG

those wheels would be a pain to clean, maybe try different pads,the factory pads always very dusty

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
those wheels would be a pain to clean, maybe try different pads,the factory pads always very dusty

The Speedy Cheetahs on my VS are worse to clean. These are a pleasure in comparison.

I'm not even sure what pads are in there.

I'll certainly be looking for less dusty pads when the time comes to replace.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

fAgZufk.jpg

Those shelves will also be coming down today. They're sturdy enough but can't access them with the car parked so pointless really.

Very, very nice Five Oh. One of my fav colours. Looks in great nic too.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

fAgZufk.jpg

I bought some cheap wheel stoppers for my car from Aldi.

They’re nice and heavy and can be bolted to the floor or just be placed using their weight to stop them from moving.

They worked well as long as someone doesn’t accidently move them a bit as a few inches further back when the fit is tight can mean touching the wall before you feel your wheels touching them.

IMG_6596a.jpg

I then replaced them with these so I could drive in or reverse in without having to move them no matter which way the cars are facing.

The wheel stops because the front and rear overhangs of cars are different need to be adjusted to suit.

They flash when you touch them or at least a couple of years ago they did before the batteries went flat but as I can see them in front of me I don’t need them flashing and when I reverse I can see them in the mirror and in the reversing camera.

If these are moved you can still see them and will touch them before the wall.

Given how little room you have I’d use both.

IMG_6586a.jpg

IMG_6604a.jpg

One of the best things you can do for light coloured rims, in fact for all rims is to give them a good clean then apply a couple of layers of sealer like you would for your bodywork.

It makes brake dust easy to clean off plus resists stains and road grime and tar is much easier to shift and if you clean them regularly it means your good rims don’t start pitting from hard stuck on tar deposits.

I use this on all my rims.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/nanolex/premium_spray_sealant

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Awesome info panhead.

I was researching wheel stops this morning. Of course, couldn't buy any today coz Sunday but didn't realise Aldi sold them.

When we bought our place a couple of years ago, the previous owners had bolted a chunk of timber to the garage floor as their wheel stop. I removed that straight away at the time coz it was in the way for ping pong however my hording nature being what it is, I still had it so have bolted it to the floor with two 6 x 75mm Anka screws. It is solid as a rock and is doing the trick nicely.

I'll get some pics tomorrow.

CCP have a shop front over here now. I was planning on paying them a visit next weekend to suss out a good wheel cleaner to get them in tip top shape and then seal as you suggested, as well as a new micro fibre wash mitt and drying cloth. The last of those I got from them have served me well but are coming to the end of their useful life. Might keep them for rims only. You must have been reading my mind.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I think you have to take the wheels off so sealant don`t get on the brakes.
I think I`ve got a bottle of sealant in the shed I`ll have to have a look later after work.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I think you have to take the wheels off so sealant don`t get on the brakes.

Yeah, they will need to come off anyway to remove the crud I can't get to with them on the car.

A couple of pics of the wheel stop....90 mm high.

nlL3dB5.jpg

upZypNt.jpg

We finally had some sunshine yesterday so outside pics for a change. Can't capture any green with the camera though.

B64DV0x.jpg

0wdYqdZ.jpg

VBBvKlr.jpg

02U1Suc.jpg

BNkCj9s.jpg

2KEOJ5b.jpg