Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs calais air conditioning

Dudley Kirkpatrick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs calais v8
Hi guys,
I'm currently in the process of tidying up a 1995 5l vs calais. Its all been coming together pretty well but I've got to the ac and am stuck.
Its had basically everything from the pump forward removed. So the condenser and dryer and the lines have just been cut at the radiator support panel.
I'm wondering if anyone could help as to how they all mount and also what sensors should be there and also where they are located.
Any photos or diagrams or advice would be really appreciated.

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
This is all I can find. However, not sure that it's really of much help to you:

Attachments

• Refridgerant Circuit.pdf
    450.7 KB · Views: 113
  • System Component Locations.jpg
    System Component Locations.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 66

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are you able to get to a self serve wrecker and take some photos. If you were nearby I'd get you to come over and could help you nut it out. Since you will want mostly new components have a chat to Repco or Cooldrive as they will have all the parts that wear out, like dryer, hard liquid line and condenser. The rubber line I'd grab from a wrecker as they will be exi I'd imagine. You will need rubber mounts and they are best sourced SH. The bar cover really needs to come off. Once it's off its easier to see what you need.

Dudley Kirkpatrick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs calais v8
This is all I can find. However, not sure that it's really of much help to you:
Yeah thanks mate. Apparently the V8s are a bit different to the v6. And then it's got climate control aswell. Not sure if that changes anything

Dudley Kirkpatrick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs calais v8
Are you able to get to a self serve wrecker and take some photos. If you were nearby I'd get you to come over and could help you nut it out. Since you will want mostly new components have a chat to Repco or Cooldrive as they will have all the parts that wear out, like dryer, hard liquid line and condenser. The rubber line I'd grab from a wrecker as they will be exi I'd imagine. You will need rubber mounts and they are best sourced SH. The bar cover really needs to come off. Once it's off its easier to see what you need.
I've been to the 2 local wreckers and neither of them have anything for the V8s. I might have to look round Brisbane or Toowoomba and see what I can find. I've got the new condenser, dryer and compressor. Just can't seem to find the lines new anywhere

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ahhhh V8 I missed that. Yeah the lines for the V8 are rare. It may be a matter of getting some made. Even SH these are very rare for VS V8 and will likely cost the same as custom lines.

Dudley Kirkpatrick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs calais v8
Yeah I'll probably just end up getting a custom one made.
I'm just not sure if there's meant to be a pressure sensor anywhere on the dryer or condenser like on the v6. Or if it's meant to have a thermo fan on it