Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V8 Statesman - Starting problem.

Nuskvlct

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator 185i
Hey guys

Lately I have been having problems with starting my vs v8 statesman.

It will always turn over, but sometimes it just wont start at all.

I have checked the codes (when the car starts) and it comes up with 12 (everything ok) and 26 (Air Intake Temp (voltage Unstable)

I have not checked the codes when it will not start yet.

Would this be causing my starting problems?

I have put a second hand ignition module in and it seems to be the same.

The weird thing is, if it doesnt start sometimes if i leave the key in the ignition (in on postion) after a couple minutes it sounds like something engages (maybe fuel pump or something electrical) and then it will start first go.

What do you think the problem is?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If its giving you error codes for the intake air temp sensor, then thats probably whats causing your starting problem. The ECU wont know what the incoming air temp is, so it wont be able to control the engine properly. Check the sensor wiring and connectors etc, or replace the intake air temp sensor if the wiring is all good, and then clear the error code by removing the negative battery terminal for a minute or two. Let us know how you get on with it.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
If its giving you error codes for the intake air temp sensor, then thats probably whats causing your starting problem. The ECU wont know what the incoming air temp is, so it wont be able to control the engine properly. Check the sensor wiring and connectors etc, or replace the intake air temp sensor if the wiring is all good, and then clear the error code by removing the negative battery terminal for a minute or two. Let us know how you get on with it.

^^^^^^ what he said. Change it. MAT on located passengers side manifold between middle two injectors. Pretty cheap genuine. Of all the sensors fitted to your car it is one of only two that get checked by ECU at start up...to set fuel injector pulse width.

Nuskvlct

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator 185i
Turns out it was the Hall Effect sensor in the dizzy causing the issue.

New dizzy and problem solved.