Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT berlina rear deck speaker upgrade

Speeddemon030

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII berlina v6 auto sedan
Hello everyone I have been searching the forum but can't find direct clear information
I have had plans to do a set of 6×9 speakers similar to that of a calais and have a few questions
1- the metal panels that have to be removed is it even legal, will my car fail a blue slip in NSW
2 where is the wiring ,do I have to piggyback off the rear speaker wiring? If not a good idea does anyone have any idea if a JVC kd x482bt head unit can push enough of a sound quality from the RCA outputs behind it or will I need to rig an amp
I was able to successfully patch fog lights into my factory harness using the remains of an ss loom I had(wasn't there previously) so I'm confident I'm able to tackle this c**t of a job.
I'm not seeking an out of this world sound experience I just want something that sounds nice
It's going into a berlina and if I remember correctly I saw somewhere that the BCM will actually control sound output but I don't know for sure.
It's all foreign to me but I wanna learn on the go so any advice and pro tips are appreciated