Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VTV6 into Hilux- obd plug

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i would of gone with the 808 ecu and wiring from a vn vp camira or vr manual ecu makes life so much easier than the later model wiring harnesses and ecu's

kohan

kohan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec s1 wagon 6cyl
An ecotec into a toyota, poor ecotec

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

blackvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Yeah, the old Tojo doesnt know what hit it ! Certainly is "nicer' to drive.

BTW, sorted out the scan issues. Firstly, the engine light in a VT is controlled by the BCM. So, I wont have access to this. Secondly, a Snap On Modis scan tool WONT read the VT, but the old Snap On 2500 model will ! WTF ... and even SnapOn techs cant answer this. The Karmann Launchtech will access , but only via a VS program. The data is ok, but it reckons there are a million faults when obviously there arent.

Mike

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Yeah, the old Tojo doesnt know what hit it ! Certainly is "nicer' to drive.

BTW, sorted out the scan issues. Firstly, the engine light in a VT is controlled by the BCM. So, I wont have access to this. Secondly, a Snap On Modis scan tool WONT read the VT, but the old Snap On 2500 model will ! WTF ... and even SnapOn techs cant answer this. The Karmann Launchtech will access , but only via a VS program. The data is ok, but it reckons there are a million faults when obviously there arent.

Mike

good to see things are going good, i spose with a modifications like that, unless a whole computer setup is modified to suit the hilux's body control too, (would be good with central locking etc) you wont ever get the ecu 100% but aslong as it running right and getting consistent fuel consumption etc itll be fine