Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS Fifty

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Name: Rod
Model: 01 VU SS Fifty
Km: Now 76,000km
Colour: Phantom Black
Engine Type: Gen-III 5.7-litre
Engine Mods: Custom Tune - Got rid of the SS Bigmouth Crap and went back to standard air box with two hole mod..
Exhaust: Custom 2.5” dual system with Pacemaker Ceramic Extractors, 100 cell cats & quad tips.
Suspension: Lowered King Springs & Pedders Shocks.
Wheels/Tyres: Pro Drag 18 x 8
Interior: Standard VU SS FIFTY
Other Mods:Tint, Sun Roof, Genuine Monaro Bonnet
Stereo: Kenwood head unit, Amplifier & Rockford Fosgate Speakers
Parts Fitted / Replaced since purchase August 2016: Genuine SS Front Bar & SS Fog Lights, exhaust as old one was rotted, diff repaired, wheels & tyres, Holden badges, springs, custom tune, custom plates, stereo, amp, speakers, right rear bumper & bodywork altered for exhaust outlet.

The day I picked it up.
2D096CE9-D761-439E-B720-E8BE988ED666.jpeg

As it is now.
09EBCE71-6C77-4FB7-BA73-583D89B011B8.jpeg

Last edited:

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Got sick of hunting on the net for SS Fifty badges and decided to ring a couple of Holden dealers. First two said no badges available and on the third was told $40 each and still available. So after some haggling I have a genuine SS front bar and three badges on the way for $410. Just forgot to order the stock badges for the bonnet & tailgate to get rid of the blue Chev ones.
Can't wait to see the after market bar gone.

SS%20Fifty_zpsmvpnfxxo.jpg

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Interesting that you're going away from the HSV bar back to the orignal, any reason or just prefer the look of the original?

R

Risky

There are some good Holden dealer spares sections that'll take the time & hunt down what you want & then there's others that wish you'd go away. If you find a good spares section, stick with them. The guys I deal with have been fantastic & they've loved the progress I've made with my ute.

At least you can sell the aftermarket front bumper to re-coup some of your costs.

Otherwise a very tidy score there. You'll have to post some interior pics.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Nice score to pick it up with only 74kms on it. When I got my VZ 1 Tonner it only had 48kms on it.
I've always liked the VU SS Utes and the SS FIFTY especially because of the different interior colour scheme.
The Monaro bonnet and the sunroof add to the wow factor as well.
I don't mind the Clubby style front bar that is on it now, but I would be a lot happier with the original SS bumper back on it too.
I reckon a set of VY CV8-R wheels would suit it well.
A big :thumbsup: for getting rid of the Chev badges too.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I agree the clubby bar doesn't suit , Squarish design with the round headlights

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Interesting that you're going away from the HSV bar back to the orignal, any reason or just prefer the look of the original?

It's an after market fibreglass job with a small split on the side which I think would have easily been done with the height it was sitting before he put King Springs in it for the RWC. Bar looks OK in the photos but I don't think looks right in the flesh & has a couple of marks which I asked a couple of spray painters about getting fixed and they both grimaced at the thought of. Fog lights don't even line up properly. If it was a genuine HSV bar I would leave it. Some younger bloke will grab it.

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Nice score to pick it up with only 74kms on it.
I reckon a set of VY CV8-R wheels would suit it well.
A big :thumbsup: for getting rid of the Chev badges too.

Have been trying to find a good set of CV8 wheels but everytime I go and look at the promised no damaged rims they are damaged. Ahhh well, so for now I have a set of Kings Satin Black Reloads on it........which make me think the Chrome wheels aren't so bad..:bomb:

Got quoted $110 for two genuine badges to replace the Chev ones....think I'll keep hunting.

Last edited:
R

Risky

The problem with those aftermarket bumpers aside from being fibreglass is that when you buy them they come unpainted. They're rough, need sanding down & they don't fit well. A guy came into my mates smash repairs wanting aftermarket side skirts that he just bought put on his VE SV6 ute. He ended up paying more than having a set of SS ones one due to that the work was rough & that one side was shorter than the other.