Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx calais v6 won’t start after removing gas system

Copls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi I’ve removed a gas system and all wiring in my vx v6 Ecotec and now the car won’t start it turns over but doesn’t fire and I get these error codes

EEPROM checksum error 24
PCM fault logged error 19
No serial data from ABS error 8

any help would be appreciated, I’ve re link bcm to ecu. Cleared codes and they come straight back and just won’t start

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Factory or aftermarket gas system?

Did you cut or remove any wiring?

Aftermarket gas systems normally interupt the the fuel injectors somehow. It sounds like possibly you have effected a power wire somewhere.

Copls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
It was aftermarket gas system just need to know how to bridge the wiring so I have power to injectors

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You would need to see what wiring you have unplugged and trace it back from there. Normally these systems use relays so have a look at any extra relays and see if they tie into the injector wiring loom.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
You would need to see what wiring you have unplugged and trace it back from there. Normally these systems use relays so have a look at any extra relays and see if they tie into the injector wiring loom.
The PCM for Ecotecs has a pin for LPG mode, so only needs the LPG controller to set that, and injectors are disabled. No relay should be needed. I know with Sprintgas systems, if you simply unplug the LPG controller, then engine will not start. God knows how they wired it up like that.