Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Stalling / vibrating issue

VXVXVX2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Hey , Keen to know if anyone can help on here

I have a VX Commodore , nothing special , just a daily driver.

When it starts , it dies straight away eventually it will start and hold idle , It also smells very rich .

It was vibrating very bad at one point but thats since been fixed but now after a bit of idleing the car will stall.

If anybody has any idea to what this could be ?

I have changed the idle control and put a new EGR in it also cleaned out the plenum .

Last time it was driven it was overheating and stalling and had to wait a bit before it would start up again.

I put in new injectors , new egr , and new iac , and a ton of cleaning and still it has a stalling problem.

my next guess is to look for a air leak somewhere .

LoneHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman

When it starts , it dies straight away eventually it will start and hold idle , It also smells very rich .

It was vibrating very bad at one point but thats since been fixed but now after a bit of idleing the car will stall.

I have changed the idle control and put a new EGR in it also cleaned out the plenum .

Last time it was driven it was overheating and stalling and had to wait a bit before it would start up again.

I put in new injectors , new egr , and new iac , and a ton of cleaning and still it has a stalling problem.

What was fixed when it was vibrating badly?

VXVXVX2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
What was fixed when it was vibrating badly?
Hi thanks for the reply.

A few things were changed mainly dfi plate coils plugs and leads .

Basicly last i drove it and even now once the car starts getting warm it wants to stall , if you put it in gear it will stall .

any help or direction on the matter is much appreciated , thank you.

LoneHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi thanks for the reply.

A few things were changed mainly dfi plate coils plugs and leads .

Basicly last i drove it and even now once the car starts getting warm it wants to stall , if you put it in gear it will stall .

any help or direction on the matter is much appreciated , thank you.
When it warms and stalls do you get an engine light?

LoneHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
No

I havent had a engine light on since the problem started .
Interesting. That would have made me think thermostat / coolant sensor. How long has it been since youve replaced your air filter and fuel filter?

VXVXVX2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Interesting. That would have made me think thermostat / coolant sensor. How long has it been since youve replaced your air filter and fuel filter?
both were changed aprox a few weeks ago i've ran thru the basics and im not sure were to go from here i hooked up the aldl cable to the laptop nothing unusual also a mechanic came for a diagnostics and nothing came up on his computer , No engine light air filter was changed throttle body disasembled and cleaned plenum cleaned , my next guess is a air leak . It does seem like it is starving for fuel it will idle for a while then stall. Fuel pressure regulator was changed to .

LoneHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
both were changed aprox a few weeks ago i've ran thru the basics and im not sure were to go from here i hooked up the aldl cable to the laptop nothing unusual also a mechanic came for a diagnostics and nothing came up on his computer , No engine light air filter was changed throttle body disasembled and cleaned plenum cleaned , my next guess is a air leak . It does seem like it is starving for fuel it will idle for a while then stall. Fuel pressure regulator was changed to .
And you
Is your fuel pump functioning properly?

VXVXVX2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
And you

Is your fuel pump functioning properly?
yeah it is , that was the last thing changed about a year ago . i pulled it out it does prime and you can hear it in the cabin . my guess is also maybe the fuel cap is damaged . thou im running on guesses now .

LoneHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
yeah it is , that was the last thing changed about a year ago . i pulled it out it does prime and you can hear it in the cabin . my guess is also maybe the fuel cap is damaged . thou im running on guesses now .
Don't panic you will find the issue wait for some other members to chime in. There bloody good on this forum