Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX transmission cooler lines and rad fittings

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I was planning on using a -6AN quick connect.

Maybe these? Would the male quick connect barb thread into the radiator the same place as the one @Immortality showed in the photo?

I know these are for fuel lines but they seem to be the same size as the trans lines.

68D4E0AD-4C19-4305-942D-56C7798ADB2D.jpeg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Once you change to AN fittings is basically quick disconnect regardless.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I have a after market trans cooler set up on my VX SS that I did myself, similar line fittings as the V6 as they use the same trans (4L60e) mine is set up like this ...

From trans >radiator inlet (bottom fitting of radiator) > radiator outlet (top fitting) then the rubber line is cut in the middle and a barb fitting> -8 AN is used then a -8 union is used to join to the after market hose -8 that of course goes to the cooler then the outlet of cooler hose is routed back to the engine bay where it's connected to the other side of the cut hose via another barb> -8 AN fitting + union, it's been on for 6 years no leaks.

You have to heat up the hose with a heat gun and push like hell to get the barb on.....and when it's on its on good so don't worry it's a strong connection, if you want photo's I can supply some.

Also just have to add if you use a transcooler try not to bypass the radiator altogether as the water as it gets up to temp helps the trans get up to temp quicker.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman