Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX V6 Loud ticking, missing/underpowered. Need help ASAP :)

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Hope it works out. also don`t disregard 97bemuda`s post could be summin to it.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Could also be cam bearing or bottom end, but lifters are probably most likely if the ticking is coming from the top end.

While its apart you'd be silly not to replace the manifold gaskets with metal ones of an extra 100 bucks (mace has them)

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
but mine is a v6?
i meant the v6 uses the same lifters as the ls1 engine and the ls1's have quite noisy lifters at times, my old ecotec had really noises lifters. disregard my previous post as you dont have to remove the heads to get to the lifters on ecotec. you should be able to put the lifters in yourself all you should need is a feew basic tools and torque wrench

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i meant the v6 uses the same lifters as the ls1 engine and the ls1's have quite noisy lifters at times, my old ecotec had really noises lifters. disregard my previous post as you dont have to remove the heads to get to the lifters on ecotec. you should be able to put the lifters in yourself all you should need is a feew basic tools and torque wrench

yeah mate, should be fairly easy to do yourself and save some cash ;)

MizzVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Impreza MY05 WRX STi
Told the mechanic that noisy engine isnt a rwc item. Got it passed. Now car is up for sale!