Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Wagon Rear Wiper Motor.

MissKaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vx Commodore V6
Hey y'all.
My rear wiper motor died a couple years ago on my 2000 VX commodore. I didn't realise there was more then 1 sort for the vx. I bought one and it didn't fit.

Now I've been told there's centred or off centred?

I literally have no clue how to work out what one I need without spending more money :-(

Is there any way anyone would know what one I need?
It's a 2000 VX commodore built December

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey y'all.
My rear wiper motor died a couple years ago on my 2000 VX commodore. I didn't realise there was more then 1 sort for the vx. I bought one and it didn't fit.

Now I've been told there's centred or off centred?

I literally have no clue how to work out what one I need without spending more money :-(

Is there any way anyone would know what one I need?
It's a 2000 VX commodore built December
Me l haven't a clue.
But l do have a suggestion. Do you have the original wiper motor? If so, take it to the wreckers with you when you go to buy one.
If not, take the one that doesn't fit & ask for the vx rear wiper motor, if it's the same as the one you have, ask if the have the other one?

On another note, did you sort the car out, pcm, engine fuse, what ever?

I'm hoping you did?

MissKaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vx Commodore V6
Me l haven't a clue.
But l do have a suggestion. Do you have the original wiper motor? If so, take it to the wreckers with you when you go to buy one.
If not, take the, the one that doesn't fit & for the vx rear wiper motor, if it's the same as the one you have, ask if the have the other one?

On another note, did you sort the car out, pcm, engine fuse, what ever?

I'm hoping you did?
I honestly haven't had a chance to get back out there to take it for a drive around the block. But I'm hoping tomorrow I will. Just never seems to be enough hours in the day.
As for the wiper motor, I think I tossed the old one before moving across aus. And the one I had bought, disappeared during the move. I'm guessing someone didn't put it in the trailer. I might just have to measure the door to see if it's in the middle or not
But with winter about to hit, I was hoping to get it fixed.. and maybe move my rego over to nsw finally

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I honestly haven't had a chance to get back out there to take it for a drive around the block. But I'm hoping tomorrow I will. Just never seems to be enough hours in the day.
As for the wiper motor, I think I tossed the old one before moving across aus. And the one I had bought, disappeared during the move. I'm guessing someone didn't put it in the trailer. I might just have to measure the door to see if it's in the middle or not
But with winter about to hit, I was hoping to get it fixed.. and maybe move my rego over to nsw finally
Did you replace the engine relay that is bolted into it's socket on the fuse & relay box in the engine bay?

With the wiper motor, you may only have supply the vin number. It will be on the rego papers. But maybe simpler to walk out to the car & look at the bottom of the passenger side windscreen, & you will see the vin nuimber down there.