Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY 2003 diff

ZakExecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore 3.8l 2003 executive wagon
Hey does anyone know what diff my 2003 3.8L executive vy v6 would be using and I'd I should bother thinking about lsd or just weld the fuckin thing and call it a day

Crunchy Granola

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore,77 Charger,Cagiva Raptor 1000
Hey does anyone know what diff my 2003 3.8L executive vy v6 would be using and I'd I should bother thinking about lsd or just weld the fuckin thing and call it a day
Probably a 3.08 open wheeler. LSD diffs are great if you frequent unsealed roads, or need the extra grip to lessen wheel spin with a powerful motor. The problem with them is they can cause you to loose control of the vehicle particularly if you accelerate too hard in a corner.This could be a complete disaster to an unskilled driver. If you want to make you vehicle inoperable go ahead and weld those gears up ! Because that will be the end result.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is this for a skid pig? If yes then you could weld it. Or better still mini spool it. If it's a road bus then 90% of the cone LSD diffs out there will no longer be tight and will require machining and shimming. The diff builder won't do that though unless it gets new bearings. Depends what you want to spend. A road going vehicle should not be welded.