Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY body plug PCM plug

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
Hi - can anyone assist with this issue? I am looking for the pinout diagram for the large white connector in the below pic - its on a VY 5.7 LS1 auto harness. This section looks like it is fitted on the inside of the firewall. There are 2 plugs - the large white plug and the smaller black plug.

Can anyone help with the pinout diagram for both plugs, or even the colour-coding for the white plug? The VATS for this ECU will be disabled, will that mean the smaller black plug no longer needs to be hooked up ?

I am assuming the smaller black plug is for the BCM in the original vehicle, and the large white plug is for all dash connections - ignition switch etc?

Attachments

• 20240404_192737.png
    20240404_192737.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi - can anyone assist with this issue? I am looking for the pinout diagram for the large white connector in the below pic - its on a VY 5.7 LS1 auto harness. This section looks like it is fitted on the inside of the firewall. There are 2 plugs - the large white plug and the smaller black plug.

Can anyone help with the pinout diagram for both plugs, or even the colour-coding for the white plug? The VATS for this ECU will be disabled, will that mean the smaller black plug no longer needs to be hooked up ?

I am assuming the smaller black plug is for the BCM in the original vehicle, and the large white plug is for all dash connections - ignition switch etc?
Have a look in your other thread. I posted a link to the vt - vz workshop manual. You will have to download it.
That should answer all your questions.

If those plugs go inside the car, they would plug into the pcm.
Do you have the pcm? If so, check it out & see if they would plug in?

It maybe better if you get all the plugs into a pic?

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
Have a look in your other thread. I posted a link to the vt - vz workshop manual. You will have to download it.
That should answer all your questions.

If those plugs go inside the car, they would plug into the pcm.
Do you have the pcm? If so, check it out & see if they would plug in?

It maybe better if you get all the plugs into a pic?
Yes just spotted that reply with the link, downloading it at the moment. I don't have a PCM, as this harness is being used on a VY LS1 that has been fitted to a 1982 XJ6 Series III Jaguar. The engine harness & ECU were from a Victorian wrecker, and came out of the same VY Calais. I have been able to identify every other plug on the wiring harness today with the help of a local Commo wrecker up here in Newcastle - really helpful and was able to ID all the connectors for me pretty quickly.

A few connectors won't be used at the moment - the a/c compressor plug, the alarm horn connector, the low-coolant level plug near the ECU and the a/c pressure plug down near the IAT sensor. All the others will be used - hopefully once the ECU gets flashed and the VATS is disabled, I should be able to hear the old girl running not long after :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This is the third thread on the topic. Makes referencing answers quite hard in years to come

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Maybe they could all be merged for ease of following the conversation.

Reactions: Lex

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
Last edited:

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
Last edited: