Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S jitter in second?

mattlovestosurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
I'm new here to these forums but I have read through a lot of the threads before. Iv tried searching about this problem I have but I cant find anything. I have a manual 2002 VY S Pac (I'm not the first owner). Only this week have I noticed when I go around a corner in second it gets the jitters (as if the revs aren't high enough), only thing is the rev's are well in the range they should be? iv noticed its only doing it in second gear and it doesn't do it all the time. I'm thinking it may be the clutch? or has anyone had a similar issue to this before? I have also noticed if I test the clutch it doesn't stall until iv let nearly all the clutch out and I believe that's a sign of a bad clutch?

cheers

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Does it only do it when go around right hand corners ?

If so its the swirl pot return line

jackcurrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series II VY.
I've had new clutches where the friction point was pretty far out, so I don't know if thats the best indicator or modern clutches - I know the 1st to 5th test and crap aren't as useful anymore. Could still be the clutch, though, I've just found that isn't the best way to tell. I had a clutch go in a Rodeo about 6 months ago, and I did about 5 different types of tests to check it that it 'passed', before it completely **** itself.

mattlovestosurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Yeah well I pushed the clutch a few times with my fingers and it doesn't seem to bad, there is only minimal play and there is pressure for most of the clutch when pushing it so it may be something else. I do know that iv had problems with the power steering shudder and iv taken a look at the power steering rack and the pinions and **** look like they are leaking a bit of fluid both side, maybe a bit more on the drivers side. So i'll probably just get it checked out professionally.

jackcurrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series II VY.
Could be that, could be the speed you take the corners thats making it seem like it has something to do with 2nd gear - where id you're able to turn in 3rd or 1st, its too fast or slow to affect you. If the rack looks like its about to fall apart, I'd definitely start there.