Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shamwow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
Okay firstly I'm a chick,I'm just getting that out there incase this is an easy fix and I'm just lacking the know how.
So I've a vy ss automatic,lately when I get in and start put it into drive and take my foot off the brake it doesn't move!!If I touch the accelerator evr so gently its like its locked still and the passenger side rear wheel makes a creaking kind of sound as if the brakes are applied.if I put it into neutral and back into drive once or twice its like it becomes unstuck and I can drive however it constantly feels like there's resistance when I'm driving like somethings pulling me back and its not moving as freely as it should,i don't hear any whining when I'm driving however there's a constant vibration when accelerating.ive had alot to do with cars for the past 12 years and im probably totally wrong but I'm thinking this is either the diff or tailshaft....(as I said im probably way off) any advice or anything would be great,

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur in neutral and u just push the car does it move with bit of effort like normal or is it really hard to push or dosnt move ? also could jack up the rear end so both wheels are off the ground and see if they turn easily when in neutral

Rpmet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Okay firstly I'm a chick,I'm just getting that out there incase this is an easy fix and I'm just lacking the know how.
So I've a vy ss automatic,lately when I get in and start put it into drive and take my foot off the brake it doesn't move!!If I touch the accelerator evr so gently its like its locked still and the passenger side rear wheel makes a creaking kind of sound as if the brakes are applied.if I put it into neutral and back into drive once or twice its like it becomes unstuck and I can drive however it constantly feels like there's resistance when I'm driving like somethings pulling me back and its not moving as freely as it should,i don't hear any whining when I'm driving however there's a constant vibration when accelerating.ive had alot to do with cars for the past 12 years and im probably totally wrong but I'm thinking this is either the diff or tailshaft....(as I said im probably way off) any advice or anything would be great,
Hey did you end up finding out what the issue was I’m having a similar issue with my VY Calais

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Mate OP hasn't logged on since the end of April. Have you tried what @07GTS posted. Brakes could be binding because of insufficient lubrication on the slider pins. Good luck.