Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz ls1 Brain tooley TRUNNION upgrade and valve covers

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Heya guys i wanna grab a brain tooley trunnion kit v2 its got a note about hitting the valve cover or early ls1/ls6's is my 2005 vz ls1 effected by this as after 1hr of google my heads done bahahah

NOTE : THE TRUNNION WILL HIT THE PASSENGER SIDE VALVE COVER BAFFLE ON EARLY STYLE LS1/LS6 COVERS!

Can i cut the dam baffle if its ganna be a PIA or use a spacer if there one at a realistic price. I dont think gold plated billet with titanium sleves is needed

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I wouldn't touch the baffle, it is designed and put there to stop oil going into a PCV/ breather system

There's alot of oil splashed around in the valve train, if there is a clearance issue and your sold on that particular kit I would look at different, taller, covers that are designed well with internal baffles

Just my 2 cents

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Or at a minimum, a rocker spacer.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Or just clearance the baffle plate with your Tonya Harding!

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
It’s the tooley I might use lmfao. Kinda pissed as it’s got washers as backup, looking at covers and pissing around for pcv and coil pack fitting when all I wanted was a bit of protection up there. Coin needs to go to other parts