Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ rear door speakers

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
G'day audio gurus! I have Kenwood KFCM1634A 3-way speakers in my rear doors currently, and it just isn't right, at loud volumes they don't cope very well, i'm guessing from the smaller woofer and mid speaker, I would maybe suggest 3way speakers for a ute, but not rear doors of a sedan. Any suggestions for any 2 way speakers o"mids" that i could replace them with? cheers!

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Why would you suggest them for a ute? I don't think they're made to be used in the front, perfect for the rear. If they don't cope well at higher volumes (distorting I guess) then see if you can turn the gain for the rear down in the headunit or on the amp.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
I thought maybe because they're an all in one sort of set up, mid, woofer and tweeter? Just a thought :) Haven't got them hooked up to an amp but do have the fade set to the front by a few clicks, it does help a little, still might want some decent 2 ways or something, not sure yet

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
i would just unplug the rear door speakers, and put 6x9s on the parcel shelf, it's how i did my old v6 and it sounded good with splits in the front too. was all running off an alpine amp tho, makes a big difference so might be worth trying one on ur current speakers.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
@ExanVZI'd rather just keep it as is (doors only) but cheers for the in put, might be worth running some amps to them :)

@Tasmaniak thats what I was trying to say when I first wrote the post but was tired as, hahahha, how do I install the capacitors? do they have to be soldered etc? instead of that i was maybe even just going to get a set of mids 2 ways instead? i dont really need to tweeter in the rears, i have awesome splits in the front

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
You don't really need aftermarket speakers in the rear anyway Rear passengers will most likely hear the fronts instead of the rears if the fade favours them, that's what I noticed in my car.