Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

want More Power

V

VSStato8

About 6 months ago i worked my 304, put a bigger cam in flat top pistons and shaved the heads 40thou also have done other little bits and pieces like comp chip and cold air intake as well as the high flow k&n panel filter. I wasw happy with the power originally but now that i'm used to it i want more.I don't want to force feed it and i would like to stroke but i' can only spend about 3k. i get it stroked for around that figure but if i do that for it to run right it would be best to put a bigger intake manifold on it (twin throttle body). keeping in mind i've only got 3k to spend would i be better to put the manifold on now with the work i've done. Question is will it run right with it and if so what is it going to cost (rough figures). Also what sought of manifolds should i be looking at buying?

B

Blownvsute

Would think a Starr Manifold,chip re-map and a tune would probably use up most of that 3 Grand and satisfy the urge for now..But basically every road is gonna lead towards some type of forced induction eventually,it's inevitable,once you start down this path,consume you it will,it is your destiny...OOps!! sorry :confused: ,flashback!!..Anyway saw a Starr Manifold deal recently for $1800 brand new,just can't think where,Let me know if your interested and I'll see if I can find the info...Cheers :D

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
You didnt mention what exhaust you are running (asuming it has been done)??
I would just be getting it all ready for the stroker till you got the money. Get the heads ported, get the trans and diff rebuilt (some diff gears will help aswell, is it an LSD).............
More info needed mate ;)

AirStrike :air:

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
is the 3k spending money only the stroker or stroker + manifold, tune etc etc.Coz ive got a come 355 stroker kit(5.7" rods hypertec pistins etc) torque power dual plane manifold, holley billet t/b, bosch 30lb injectors, hivol oil pump.Those parts alone cost over 4k, then ive still gotta get it fitted, tuned all the extra bits(gaskets etc).Then you add better brakes(i got vt f&r, slotted rotors, braided lines) rebuild the box, diff.But going a 330ci stroker would work a little cheaper.But if you are after a cost effective manifold the torque power cost me $895 from memory plus $500 for the 4 barrel (costs 1k new),plus a k&n filter then add a vk throttle cable + a tune and your done.

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
A Gen3 Throttle Body and the bigger MAF will give you an approx. 20-30kw increase in power for about 1k. We can supply this for you in our shop.
This includes all parts needed to fit straight in

Tony.

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
mr-spares said:
A Gen3 Throttle Body and the bigger MAF will give you an approx. 20-30kw increase in power for about 1k. We can supply this for you in our shop.

Tony.

a MAF on a s1 304 tony?, wot the?.Only series 3 304's had mafs.

Last edited:
V

VSStato8

AirStrike said:
You didnt mention what exhaust you are running (asuming it has been done)??
I would just be getting it all ready for the stroker till you got the money. Get the heads ported, get the trans and diff rebuilt (some diff gears will help aswell, is it an LSD).............
More info needed mate ;)

AirStrike :air:
sorry i did forget to mention yes i am running an exhaust its a twin cat 2 1/2" system to kust before the resonator where it goes into a 3" pipe with a twin 2 1/2" dump tip also running 1 3/4" 4/2/1 s/s extractors. as for the box yes that's been rebuilt stage 2 shift kit new torque convertor corvette cervo as for diff that's on the way i'm only going to run 3.4.5. as it's cost effective onlt 550 as apposed to 1000 or more for 3.7

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
mr-spares said:

Tony.

Exactly how does this work? Never heard of it before. Sounds interesting.