Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warranty complaint

John a

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb rsv
Cant get any satisfaction re an oil leak in the transfer case in my RSV,is GMSV now the people to go to and how do i contact them or do I bring in lawyers?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
All ZB's had a 7 year factory warranty unless used for police of similar commercial duties where the warranty was shorter.

So the question is how did you by the ZB, was it bought new at a dealer, bought used at dealer or bought at auction or privately? How you bought the car does play a part in whether you have some or all of the 7 year factory warranty and/or whether you have any Australian Consumer Law rights.

The worste case would be to buy an ex police car privately (which means no ACL statutory warranty or guaranteed title) or buy any car via auction (no factory warranty or ACL stat warranty, only guaranteed title),

However, assuming you bought new from a dealer, I'd first ask the dealer (hopefully theyu were the selling dealer) that checked your vehicle why an oil leak which makes the vehicle unroadworthy isn't something that must be fixed under factory warranty? They must have a reason for their decision (unless they are just being a bunch of cnuts which normally isn't how businesses operate though Holden may be the exception now). What reason do they give?

If that dealer is a member of the "we don't care club", then I'd take the car to another dealer that may view the fault rather differently. As is, such defects like oil leaks should be fixed under warranty cause leaks are a roadworthy issue (as i said).

If the selling dealer or another dealer wont fix it, then i'd call NT Consumer Affairs and ask their opinion on how to approach such shitfuckery and the best way forward. That should help you decide how to approach your next discussion with Holden Customer Care.

Then if HCC along with the selling dealer wont fix the defect, you'd have to write a letter to the selling dealer & HCC, basically a letter of demand (NTCA can help) but be prepared to lodge a small claims case at NT Civil and Administrative Tribunal so you can put your case to a magistrate when/if they do nothing. Just note that you'd need to be clear how to approach such a small claim and what evidence you need to prove the defect (again NTCA should be able to help).

Lastly, you should also talk to ACCC as they could have an interest in using your case. They may decide they want to spank Holden since Holden ave made repeated claims they have not abandoned Australians who own Holdens and that they will stand by their products. Such statements were made post the closure announcement and before all stock was sold (so it's very bate and switch for Holden to now not stand by their products. Such could be rather interesting to ACCC).

So you've got a few calls to make and a bit of info to gather on how to procedue..

PS: I went through GMSV (1800 00 GMSV (4678) ) because HCC number wasn't working... They were more polite and actually gave me a case number and then i was contacted by HCC. At the end, it was SSDD