Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water getting into rear passenger LHS footwell

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I just bought a VX SII. Up in Newcastle we have had two decent falls of rain since I got it. Both times the rear footwell on the LHS has a puddle of water. I cannot see where it is getting in. Any Ideas where I begin my search?

Cheers

Mike

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
slight leak around rear screen, small side windows, or door rubbers most likely. Start with the easiest to play with, get the mrs to hop in and hit it with the hose. see if she gets wet in the back seat.:whistling

RockyVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Wgn, VP Sedan, V6 Ride on Lawnmower
Also check the rubber bungs on the floor, from the undersides. If one is missing, any splashed up water will end up in the foot well.

The water test sounds like fun though anyway. White T-Shirt please :)

br14nh

Back in the saddle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 wagon 5sp Manual
When the car has been dried, spread some talcum powder around the perimeter of both the door & frame (just a light dusting using a brush to evenly coat all the surfaces) before closing it; then after you've hit it with the hose, the path the water has taken should be easier to trace.

RockyVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
any joy yet with this ?

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
mine does it in exactly the same spot i did the hose thing and it came in on the bottom of the door and i just scratched my head as the seals are perfectly fine

RockyVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
check that the drain holes on the underside of the door are not clogged with crud. If they are, the water which enters through the window seals and travels down inside the door, usually to exit through the drain holes on the underside will exit through the inner side of the base of the door. try poking them with a bamboo skewer to see if they are blocked.

Hope this helps :)

dereko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon
Mine does it and I traced it to the passenger side windscreen at the top, i park on an uphill slope, and the water runs under the seat and saturates the rear passenger floor LHS.

I'm guessing the only fix for mine is windscreen out and refit/reseal

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
have you checked the rubber bungs under the floor?

dereko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon
No I don't need to. I've seen the water running down the inside of the windscreen in a heavy rain and dripping on the floor. So I'm certain thats where its coming from