Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wh land barge daily.

H

harrop.senator

They really get a couple tenths off between otr n a pod pipe? Can usually feel a couple tenths in the cheeks.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Guessing top end of track as most cold air setups dont make much difference untill 100km/h.

That otr prototype was based from heavily modified plastic paint tray off the 11sec blue vu ute NOG33K back in the day with CHE

H

harrop.senator

Hahaha Bunnings spec otrs only heard of the glory days wasn't into ls1s then to see them in person. Have seen pvc piped intercoolers though and fitted many Bunnings lips myself so can't judge to much.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
To me that otr looks like a piss poor design full stop, alloy that sits on top of the radiator= heat soak, tiny filter= not enough airflow for a cammed 5.7L engine, it's not pointed down towards the front grill so not really getting that airflow that otr's are designed to do so pretty much everything bad about an otr but none of the positives..... Just my personal opinion of course

H

harrop.senator

Meh. Same filter size as vcm n plenty proven vcm results. They all sit on the radiator , lots of good Power results with alloy ones. Heatsoaked not an issue once you get past the first 20 metres. I mean it's not like intercoolers are made of alloy and sit against a radiator or anything right?

Worst case scenario it costs me 2%? 8hp yep should of spent $600 on the ducks nuts du speed one n pull an extra 10 hp rather then spend $900 and pull an extra 80-100... It'll do the job its a street car and already blows doors off most things from a set of lights n is a limo.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Meh. Same filter size as vcm n plenty proven vcm results. They all sit on the radiator , lots of good Power results with alloy ones. Heatsoaked not an issue once you get past the first 20 metres. I mean it's not like intercoolers are made of alloy and sit against a radiator or anything right?

Worst case scenario it costs me 2%? 8hp yep should of spent $600 on the ducks nuts du speed one n pull an extra 10 hp rather then spend $900 and pull an extra 80-100... It'll do the job its a street car and already blows doors off most things from a set of lights n is a limo.
Fair enough mate

H

harrop.senator

Car got noisy lifters motor came out back in Feb. Brought everything Id think I'd need til I pulled it down. And then has to fly east for my sister's wedding. So stopped the spending. Luckily as I came home to no apprenticeship and the small amount of money I had left from the holiday pulled me through til I'd organised some small jobs.

They'd re used the tty balancer bolt with a rattle gun stretched the thread to be about 2mm.

Bye bye crank.

Had stock pushrods and valve springs.

So cams gone to someone else.

Undecided on whether I'll be reusing pistons or going some with valve cut outs so I can deck the heads .030 or just go .020 with flats.

Sold the 32-3500 stall last fortnight and installed it for a bloke and had one made to replace it.

New stalls a made to order unit carbon lock up plates , anti ballooning etc. Rated to 650 flywheel HP. Flashed at 4100 rpm at 400 ft lbs.

Heads have been pulled down and have started on them. Valves aren't the best undecided on whether to buy some used ones and make a good set or just buy brand spankers as will have guides and seats replaced once finished with heads anyway.

I've gotta re draw the shape and mark out the exhaust ports using the header flange as the gaskets huge and can't really use it to grasp how big to raise the roof to. I took some meat out of it and will square it up once I measure and mark them all.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No apprenticeship?? Can they do that?? I thought apprenticeship rules had changed, since I was an apprentice. Doesn't the board have to find you a new employer to take you on as an apprentice??

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

Did the ring around and it turned out the contract I'd signed with the apprenticentre when they came out was the prelim and you sign them. Then it goes to the government and you get legalising hard copies and sign those.

Those were on the desk while I was on holiday. Theirs a three month clause after signing that any party can call it quits with zero notice and reasoning with zero repucussions.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
:(:(Well that is just plain sht HS.... Now trying to find another adult apprenticeship I imagine would be hard as.