Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What REALLY gets up your nose about other drivers

What gets your goat?

• Motorbikes who cut between lanes of stopped traffic

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • Overtaking on blind corners

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • 5-10kmh under the limit while traffic queues up behind

Votes: 70 33.7%
  • People who tailgate you when you are doing exactly the limit

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • People who don't indicate

Votes: 52 25.0%
  • Hogging the right lane

Votes: 53 25.5%
  • People who pretend multi lane roundabouts are single lane

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • 4 Wheel Driver Ignorance

Votes: 50 24.0%
  • Oblivious to other traffic (synonymous with above lol)

Votes: 56 26.9%

• Total voters

TheKMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I'm sure some drivers need re-educating on what those round signs with the big numbers with circles around them mean. Maybe they think that's how many people live in that part of the street and not the speed limit? :D

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
davey g-force said:
2. People who see that you're trying to change lanes and purposely close the gap to not let you in - aaaargh!! :ranting:

5. People who know the left lane ends or there are parked cars up ahead but still insist on pushing in by going up the inside. This holds everyone else up. But I love it when nobody lets them in and they get stuck. :yeah:

contradiction man....whats the point of having the left lane there at all if people arent going to use it? i know what ya mean tho, when your sitting there waiting for the traffic to clear and someone all of a sudden if 4 cars ahead in the left lane wanting to squeeze in, but its just the same as when YOU'RE trying to indicate to get in a gap and the other person boxes you out....same thing, shoes are different.....

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
No it's not the same thing.

I was talking about when traffic is just flowing normally and there's a big enough gap, but when you indicate to change lanes the boofhead beside/behind you purposely accelerates to not let you in. That really shits me.

The other scenario is more for a 1 lane road with parked cars and then at the lights you get a clear left lane for a bit- you know what I mean!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
hmmmmm... what shits me about other drivers.....
not indicating or indicating halfway through a turn, particularly on roundabouts.
tailgaiting when there's 2 lanes and the other one is empty.
soccer mums in taragos or 4x4s.
people who can't park straight.
people who can't park without taking 5 goes in and out.
people who rear end you, and when you say "there's no damage so don't worry about it" turn around and say "I'm just not with it today, my friend is in hospital" <-- happened to me just today. I could use a new rear bar too :(
people who try to race you in small/gutless cars, then throw stuff at you because your car is faster.
people who can't merge.
people who don't allow others to merge.
people who turn a 1 lane road into 2, forcing you onto the uncomfortable side of the median
people who drop skids on purpose or accidental, and sandblast your car
people who indicate to change lanes, but switch off the indicator before beginning the move.
I'll think of more just as I switch off the computer

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
IMHO tailgating is worse than speeding. When are we going to get police that are serious about road safety and not just revenue raising. If I do 140 in a 100 zone (not that I do that sort of thing)and there are NO cars in front of me it is SAFER than doing the speed limit sitting one car length behind the car in front. I drive on the Ipswich motorway everyday and 90% of people follow too close to the car infront and cause 6 car nose to tails every other day, if everyone followed at the correct distance crashes on this motorway would be almost none existant. There is no reason why the speed cameras cant be set up to ping tailgaters as well as speeders but they will never do this because then they would have to admit that speeding is not dangerous in the correct circumstances.

Speeding is only a factor in 13% of crashes according to QLD dept of transport statistics and no doubt these figures are inflated to justify their position so all in all speeding is not a major problem. The big 2 killers are fatigue and drink drivers. I also think that people not paying attention are a major problem. Doing 20 under the limit and looking everywhere but the road is more dangerous than doing 20 over the limit and keeping your eyes on the road but if a cop saw these 2 situations happening simultaniously I bet I know who they would go for and it wouldnt be the person not paying attention.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
You are dead right mate... you just know that when someone is behind you they are going to run right up your backside if you have to brake in a hurry... Picking just one of hundreds of potential traffic offenses and targetting that is NOT the answer. We need to see more cops on the road and fewer speed cameras.

I reckon I see about 1 cop a month on the road and I drive to and from work every day. Cops everywhere would make people behave, whereas speed cameras absolutely do not.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
almost got into a fight with some dude that was tailgating me when i was doin tha speed limit he was a skinny little p plater gimp. im a p plater too thats why i guess he done it. If u have tha same problem and u want a new S pack boot or sumthin all painted n fitted coz ur old 1s faded make sure tha tailgaters behind ya and slam on tha brakes, if ur insured they will have to pay to get it fixed

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
another thing that gets my goat is those rude ****s that dont give tha good ol double high beam flashes when ders a camera ahead of me. Yous have costed me $200 now

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
kritical said:
another thing that gets my goat is those rude ****s that dont give tha good ol double high beam flashes when ders a camera ahead of me. Yous have costed me $200 now

:rofl: I wouldnt say that gives me the shits, but I definitely appreciate those that do it.