Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's wrong with VF V8 Calais V's?

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
I love my Calais, I have had heaps of positive comments on its looks. It was cheaper to buy than an SSV Redline. But I also prefer so many elements of the Calais - the blue colouring to the displays - the titanium leather interior - the heated seats, electric passenger and driver seats. I bought mine as a ex Dealer Principle car - came with the 20 inch rims. I had the Walkinshaw lowered suspension kit fitted, boot spoiler, paddle steering wheel, HSV AP Racing 4 piston front and rear brakes, Ceramic Coated paint, Walkinshaw Performance Engine Covers, Kayhan Audio head unit. It has 55000k’s on it now, and won’t do to many more as I just bought a Navara Pro-4x Warrior as the daily driver. I personally think my Calais is the perfect balance between the sport of the SSV Redline and the luxury of a standard Calais.

3CDC570A-8C45-4F30-8CCF-C35DEF364F26.jpeg

Last edited:

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Yeah have to agree it is a nice looking car , but I’m not concerned on what people think of what I drive or the colour or the rims , I bought the redline because I always wanted one and a V8 since the early 80s and my 1st BMX was a redline
I love my Calais, I have had heaps of positive comments on its looks. It was cheaper to buy than an SSV Redline. But I also prefer so many elements of the Calais - the blue colouring to the displays - the titanium leather interior - the heated seats, electric passenger and driver seats. I bought mine as a ex Dealer Principle car - came with the 20 inch rims. I had the Walkinshaw lowered suspension kit fitted, boot spoiler, paddle steering wheel, HSV AP Racing 4 piston front and rear brakes, Ceramic Coated paint, Walkinshaw Performance Engine Covers, Kayhan Audio head unit. It has 55000k’s on it now, and won’t do to many more as I just bought a Navara Pro-4x Warrior as the daily driver. I personally think it is the perfect balance between the sport of the SSV Redline and the luxury of a standard Calais.

View attachment 231808

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Yeah have to agree it is a nice looking car , but I’m not concerned on what people think of what I drive or the colour or the rims , I bought the redline because I always wanted one and a V8 since the early 80s and my 1st BMX was a redline
Totally cool with that. I was not meaning to come across with any lack of respect for anyone else’s choices.I was just stating that in my personal opinion, very happy with Calais. And maybe that is because I am old enough to be a grandpa!!

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Totally cool with that. I was not meaning to come across with any lack of respect for anyone else’s choices.I was just stating that in my personal opinion, very happy with Calais. And maybe that is because I am old enough to be a grandpa!!

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
No all good mate I didn’t think that at all of got a Navara as well

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Anyone noticed there's plenty of VF V8 Calais V's on the market substantially cheaper than SSV Redlines, nothing a set of springs, shocks and Brembo's cant remedy and you've got the same car dynamically with a better interior. Are they a bit "grand dad" like for enthusiast popularity to massively inflate prices?
mostly captain-of-industry grey in colour

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
mostly captain-of-industry grey in colour
I had a bit of a Google out of interest … your assessment is astonishingly & depressingly accurate.
It’s like Calais was only available in Fleet Cardigan Metallic White.