Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Firstly, I only use Touring and VXR, I see no reason to use Sports mode because as far as I am concerned you either go hard or go home. You could turn on the Sports Sense mode where the car automatically chooses between Touring and Sports based on your driving but I turned it off when I got the car and have never turned it back on.

I really like the feel that VXR gives, the only thing I would like is that the steering firm up a little more than it does, it's still a bit light for my taste.
How many km's have you done now mate ?
Mine's not getting much use at present due to the Covid lockdown which us slowly but surely driving Aucklanders crazy.
I've done 32,000 km's now though. Long term fuel use is just on 10 L / 100 km's which is 90% around the city in a hilly area so not too bad at all.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I didn't get too much driving done over our lockdown either, but it has just ticked over the 20000km mark.

Stay safe mate.

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Damn, stuff kinda hit the fan in this thread. Not too surprised though.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I just brought one and i am very pleased with it after a SSV with over 300.000 ks I am really taken by the safety features and the techno that has gone into the VXR. In ten years I am really impressed . Still learning things every week . I have only had it two weeks.

TJP

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB
Hi folks,
I’m seriously looking at a VXR ZB and wondering how the owners out there are going with them.
Any major issues? Is there any recurring problems or common problems among them all?

Also wondering how the servicing is going. Have parts etc been easy and have the recalls been easy to deal with?

Thanks folks.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Had the car three years now. Only issue I've had is a leaky rear drive unit (see this thread) but it is common across the AWD versions of the ZB.

My only advice would be to get your wheels aligned regularly because the Michelin Pilot Super Sports will wear out very quickly otherwise. I replaced the front pair with Pilot Sport 4S and haven't looked back.

Reactions: TJP

Alan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Had mine new since 2020. Really happy with it. Great car to drive and no probs thus far. There will be a few who will say it's **** but they don't own one.

TJP

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB
Thanks for the quick replies.
How’s the fuel go on the VXR if you’re sensible? I’ll potentially be doing a lot of easy highway kilometres so thinking it wouldn’t be too thirsty.

TJP

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB
Had mine new since 2020. Really happy with it. Great car to drive and no probs thus far. There will be a few who will say it's **** but they don't own one.
So yours is the MY19.5? Did Holden come good on that 7 year warranty? I read somewhere that anything delivered after Dec 10 2019 got the 7 year.

Alan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Thanks for the quick replies.
How’s the fuel go on the VXR if you’re sensible? I’ll potentially be doing a lot of easy highway kilometres so thinking it wouldn’t be too thirsty.
Currently do similar, around 100 km per day for some time. Most of it on freeway. Averaging 7.5ltr per 100km. Overall for 2.5 years 9.8ltr per 100km. Wouldn't say not thirsty. Only 60ltr tank.